PARIS, Feb. 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC), the number one outdoor advertising company in Europe and Asia-Pacific and the number two worldwide, has announced further investment in JCDecaux OneWorld based in London. The move will maximize the potential of JCDecaux's international sales and marketing support for clients, media and advertising agencies in the 56 different markets where JCDecaux operates.
To facilitate closer working relationships with clients and agencies and to deliver highly targeted solutions that meet their objectives, two new positions have been created:
- Andrew Korniczky, VP International Client Services – USA;
- Amel Pires, International Client Services Director – France.
Their remit is to work across a number of major clients based in their respective markets, with the potential for worldwide development. Reporting into OneWorld Managing Director Xavier Dupre, they will work closely with Co-CEO of JCDecaux North America, Jean-Luc Decaux, and Executive Vice President Sales and Development of JCDecaux France, Isabelle Schlumberger, and their local sales teams.
The geographical proximity and day-to-day involvement of Andrew Korniczky and Amel Pires will strengthen relationships with international advertisers and agencies, improve service and drive increased revenue across JCDecaux markets.
Xavier Dupre, JCDecaux OneWorld Managing Director, commented: "The addition of these 2 roles and the closer working relationship with our teams in France and the US will lead to improved servicing of our current international client partners and importantly a more focused approach on our international key prospects. Outdoor advertising is one of the most dynamic international media, and JCDecaux is in a unique position to benefit from the client and agency consolidation that will only increase in the future."
Andrew Korniczky is appointed VP International Client Services - USA of JCDecaux OneWorld based in New-York.
Andrew Korniczky began his career in 1987 as Sales Manager at Primesight in London. In 1992, he joined Skysites as VP Sales, and was appointed President of Poster Publicity US in 1997. He joined JCDecaux North America in December 2001 as VP International Sales. In 2003, he became VP Business Development, and in 2005, VP Regional Sales for Airports.
Amel Pires is appointed International Client Services Director - France of JCDecaux OneWorld based in Paris
Amel Pires began her career in 1994 at Havas Media as Account Executive in charge of MPG clients. In 1998, she became Account Manager before being appointed Group head in 2000.
She joined JCDecaux in March 2004 as Senior Sales Executive for JCDecaux Street Furniture. In 2007, she was promoted to Group Head and in 2010, appointed Deputy Sales Manager of the Premium Brands Sales Team.
Key Figures for the Group:
- 2010 revenues: euro 2,350 m
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100, Dow Jones Sustainability and FTSE4Good indexes
- No.1 worldwide in street furniture (428,000 advertising panels)
- No.1 worldwide in transport advertising with 163 airports and more than 300 transport contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (380,200 advertising panels)
- No.1 in Europe for billboards (230,500 advertising panels)
- No.1 in outdoor advertising in the Asia-Pacific region (239,600 advertising panels)
- No.1 worldwide for self-service bicycle hire
- 1,040,600 advertising panels in 55 countries
- Present in 3,500 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- 9,940 employees
SOURCE JCDecaux SA