PARIS, Sept. 9 /PRNewswire/ -- JCDecaux SA, the number one outdoor advertising company in Europe and Asia Pacific and the number two worldwide, announced today that following a competitive tender process, it has been awarded a new 9-year contract, including extension options, for the advertising concession at Washington Reagan National and Washington Dulles International airports.
With more than 40 million annual passengers, Reagan National and Dulles International airports are the gateways to the American Capital, covering both domestic and international passengers. JCDecaux has operated the advertising concessions at the two airports since 1996. The new contract also includes marketing and sponsorship development opportunities.
Jean-Francois Decaux, co-Chief Executive Officer of JCDecaux, said: "Our selection for this new contract results from JCDecaux' strong track record in terms of advertising revenue per passenger, our creativity, and our success with the deployment of state-of-the-art digital products throughout our network of 20 airports in the United States, which also includes the three New York airports and Los Angeles International airport."
Key Figures for the Group:
- 2009 revenues: euro 1,918.8 m, H1 2010 revenues: euro 1,110.6 m
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100, Dow Jones Sustainability and FTSE4Good indexes
- No.1 worldwide in street furniture (428,000 advertising panels)
- No.1 worldwide in transport advertising with 163 airports and more than 300 transport contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (380,200 advertising panels)
- No.1 in Europe for billboards (230,500 advertising panels)
- No.1 in outdoor advertising in the Asia-Pacific region (239,600 advertising panels)
- No.1 worldwide for self-service bicycle hire
- 1,040,600 advertising panels in 55 countries
- Present in 3,500 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- 9,940 employees
SOURCE JCDecaux SA