PARIS, Dec. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC), the number one outdoor advertising company worldwide, announced today that it has been awarded a 7-year concession – with a 3-year extension option – to provide Terminal Media Operator services at Los Angeles International Airport. The interior advertising and sponsorships contract includes the new Bradley West international terminal, where brands will be able to sponsor the spectacular digital installations that were recently unveiled there, including iconic features such as the 72-foot tall four-sided Time Tower and the 3,000 sq. ft. Welcome to Los Angeles video wall. The program will also feature an array of innovative digital products throughout the airport, and the development of physical and virtual interactive platforms providing passengers with services, information and entertainment. A true emerging media laboratory, LAX will offer advertisers unprecedented ways to reach their target audience.
With 63.7 million passengers in 2012, including 16.8 million international passengers, LAX is the 3rd busiest U.S. airport and sixth largest in the world. The main port of entry to the country's second largest DMA, it was also the busiest Origin and Destination airport in the US in 2011.
Jean-Francois Decaux, Chairman of the Executive Board and co-Chief Executive Officer of JCDecaux, said: "Following the introduction seven years ago of the first-ever advertising program at LAX, we are particularly pleased and proud to have been selected again for this new, ground-breaking contract. LAX is one of the world's most prominent airports, and clearly belongs into the unparalleled network of major international airports where JCDecaux operates the advertising concession. The exceptional sponsorship opportunities offered by the new Bradley West iconic digital features, as well as the tight integration of new medias into the passenger's experience, show the way to the future of airport advertising, an example that will certainly be closely watched and emulated by other airports around the world."
Key Figures for the Group
- 2012 revenues: €2,623m; Revenues for the first nine months of 2013: €1,895.1m
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 index
- No.1 worldwide in street furniture (434,700 advertising panels)
- No.1 worldwide in transport advertising with more than 150 airports and more than 280 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (358,100 advertising panels)
- No.1 in Europe for billboards (199,600 advertising panels)
- No.1 in outdoor advertising in the Asia-Pacific region (205,000 advertising panels)
- No.1 worldwide for self-service bicycle hire
- 1,002,800 advertising panels in more than 55 countries
- Present in 3,700 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- 10,484 employees