PLANO, Texas, Feb. 7, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- In keeping with its commitment to giving customers the very best selection and shopping experience, J. C. Penney Company, Inc. (NYSE: JCP) has rolled out its findmore® smart fixture to over 120 select stores across the country. Additionally, in conjunction with the launch of its Modern Bride concept, the Company will begin rolling out a findmore experience using iPad to 50 fine jewelry departments.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/jcpenney/48219/
These new initiatives are part of JCPenney's overall findmore strategy which encourages store associates and customers – whether using the fixture, iPad, jcp.com enabled point-of-sale register or in-store marketing pieces – to "find more" by providing access to the expanded assortments and product information available on jcp.com. Having access to jcp.com in the store ensures that customers find what they are looking for when they visit a JCPenney store and also serves as an associate selling and education tool, allowing store associates to deliver exceptional customer service.
"We've always seen the value of integrating the online and in-store shopping experience offering customers the opportunity to have access to a greater merchandise selection by offering access to online purchases in the stores," said Tom Nealon, group executive vice president of JCPenney. "Offering an in-store digital experience that drives additional sales is a true differentiator for JCPenney, and continues to build on our leadership in the digital space as we merge our online and in-store shopping experiences."
Findmore Fixture Features:
With the findmore fixture, JCPenney is able to take its digital platform directly into the store. More than just a kiosk linking store users to jcp.com's 250,000 online products, the 42-inch touchscreen findmore smart fixture provides a unique, interactive digital experience that naturally fits into the store. Serving as an anchor for the merchandise department, the fixture elevates the in-store shopping experience, allowing users to:
- View jcp.com's vast assortment of merchandise and "find more" sizes, colors, styles and items not available – or out of stock – in the store.
- Experience the power of jcp.com in-store, with strong, interactive, media-rich editorial content, such as jcp.com's Little Red Book experience, which highlights key seasonal women's trends.
- Check the availability of merchandise in-store or nearby stores.
- E-mail images and information about an online item to themselves or a friend.
- Use 360 degree views and zoom features to see all details of a product.
- Scan the barcode of an in-store item to learn more about the product's features, additional colors and sizes available, and even washing instructions. The findmore fixture will also provide product recommendations for complementary items (ex. A customer scans a pair of pants and the findmore fixture will suggest tops and accessories to go with it).
- View items and outfits and add them to an online "dressing room." The customer can then print out a page listing the items, locate the items in the store and try them on.
- Purchase online items from the findmore fixture and have them shipped to their home. Items can also be shipped for free to the local JCPenney store. Additionally, customers can also print out a receipt and purchase an online item at an in-store register, with the rest of their in-store purchases.
Findmore Experience Rolling Out to Fine Jewelry with iPad:
JCPenney is also bringing its findmore strategy to the Fine Jewelry department with a smaller, hand held concept using the revolutionary iPad. Fine Jewelry associates will be able to use iPad to showcase JCPenney's full offering of bridal fine jewelry collections for customers – highlighting a variety of styles, cuts, sizes and metal options – all available under the Company's new Modern Bride concept. Incorporating features from the Modern Bride™ experience on jcp.com, the iPad app will include a notebook feature that allows users to add rings to a virtual notebook, where they can compare ring features side by side.
Leading Digital Innovation for Over Two Decades:
As the first department store to sell merchandise online at jcp.com in 1994, evolving into the creation one of the largest apparel and home furnishing sites on the Internet today, JCPenney has long been a leader in the digital space. Since 2006, JCPenney's more than 40,000 point-of-sale terminals have been enabled with jcp.com. In April 2009, JCPenney launched findmore fixtures in the Home departments of select stores. The findmore fixture has now been expanded to over 120 stores in a total of four departments: Home, Women's, Men's and Footwear, with Children's to follow.
JCPenney's findmore experiences are part of its overall investment in its digital platform, which also includes jcp.com, as well as its social and mobile initiatives. The Company's commitment to technology innovation continues to deliver new opportunities to connect with its customers.
JCPenney, one of America's leading retailers, operates over 1,100 department stores throughout the United States and Puerto Rico, as well as one of the largest apparel and home furnishing sites on the Internet, jcp.com. Serving more than half of America's families each year, JCPenney offers a wide array of private, exclusive and national brands which reflect the Company's vision to be America's shopping destination for discovering great styles at compelling prices. Traded as "JCP" on the New York Stock Exchange, the $17.6 billion retailer is transforming its organization to support its Long Range Plan strategies to build a sustainable, profitable enterprise that serves its customers, engages its associates and rewards its shareholders. For more information visit www.jcpenney.net.
For further information contact:
JCPenney Corporate Communications:
April Dinwoodie or Kate Coultas; 972-431-3400; [email protected]