NEW YORK, Nov. 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Jerrick Media Holdings, Inc., (OTCQB: JMDA) (the "Company" or "Jerrick"), a digital media and technology company, announced today the launch of Vocal, a content distribution platform and publishing hub engineered for creation and discovery spanning verticals in health, sexuality, science fiction, the workplace, pop culture, and more. Aimed at connecting thoughtful and original articles with communities passionate about these topics, Vocal leverages the power of specific and dedicated audiences with a nascent content creation engine.
Vocal blends thought-provoking, appealing content with SEO and monetization capabilities. As a hub for in depth yet digestible stories, Vocal is a place where readers can discover relevant content to suit their interests. Through articles and videos across multiple online verticals that live in the greater Vocal ecosystem, both readers and writers have a unique opportunity to reach their relevant audiences. Vocal's proprietary software, developed by Jerrick and Thinkmill, a leading platform developer based in Australia, aggregates readership and reach for each article to offer monetized results for the platform's content creators.
Vocal launches with six verticals, each of which are built upon a storied history in the media landscape:
- OMNI – OMNI is the intersection of science, science fiction, technology, art, culture, design, and metaphysics.
- Geeks – Geeks dives into the storied worlds of comic cons, video games, movies, comic books and TV.
- Longevity – Longevity presents the new frontiers of health and wellness; everything a person needs to live a strong and healthy life.
- Journal – We spend one third of our lives thinking about it, stressing about it, talking about it, and doing it. Journal is everything work-related.
- Filthy – In the world of sexuality, Filthy has something for everyone. A vintage erotica vibe with a contemporary artistic perspective.
- Potent – Potent explores the fastest growing industry in America: cannabis culture and marijuana lifestyle.
"We've created a simple way for people to get their voices heard in the overcrowded noise of the internet that goes hand in hand with an effective monetization strategy," Jerrick Founder Rick Schwartz said. "Vocal combines the ease of Facebook, scope of Reddit, and commerce of Amazon, all into one rich ecosystem, optimized for content and commerce."
How Vocal Works for Content Creators:
- Create a post: Content creators who join the platform have access to a robust set of streamlined management tools to easily write engaging posts and embed images or video designed for targeted audience appeal.
- Submit: A user crafts their article using Vocal's editing platform, then submits to the appropriate community, choosing among Vocal's growing number of verticals.
- Vetting: Once a post is submitted, moderators assess each piece of content for relevance and quality. The user will be notified when their piece is published or if they need to resubmit with suggestions from the moderators.
- Publishing and monetization: Once an article is published, each piece is tracked and measured for performance. All content creators are compensated for their work based on "reads".
For more information, visit https://vocal.media/
Vocal is a digital media platform and publishing hub engineered for creation and discovery. Proprietary to Jerrick, Vocal aims to connect thoughtful and original article content with effective monetization. Vocal was born out of a desire to bring rich quality content of the past into a contemporary digital forum that is widely accessible. Vocal's growing digital ecosystem launches with 6 verticals, including sexuality, science, the workplace, pop culture, health/wellness, and cannabis.
Jerrick is a digital media and technology company focused on the development and marketing of branded digital content and e-commerce properties, producing and distributing premium digital media across multiple platforms for targeted demographics. The portfolio of brands is delivered through Vocal, its proprietary technology and content distribution platform. All verticals are overseen by a dedicated team and ideology, focusing primarily on revenue conversion as the premise behind all published material. Vintage publications are contemporized for a new audience. All content is meant to challenge, inspire, and enlighten.
For press inquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Any statements that are not historical facts and that express, or involve discussions as to, expectations, beliefs, plans, objectives, assumptions or future events or performance (often, but not always, indicated through the use of words or phrases such as "will likely result," "are expected to," "will continue," "is anticipated," "estimated," "intends," "plans," "believes" and "projects") may be forward-looking and may involve estimates and uncertainties which could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements. We caution that the factors described herein could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in any forward-looking statements we make and that investors should not place undue reliance on any such forward-looking statements. Further, any forward-looking statement speaks only as of the date on which such statement is made, and we undertake no obligation to update any forward-looking statement to reflect events or circumstances after the date on which such statement is made or to reflect the occurrence of anticipated or unanticipated events or circumstances. New factors emerge from time to time, and it is not possible for us to predict all of such factors. Further, we cannot assess the impact of each such factor on our results of operations or the extent to which any factor, or combination of factors, may cause actual results to differ materially from those contained in any forward-looking statements. This press release is qualified in its entirety by the cautionary statements and risk factor disclosure contained in our Securities and Exchange Commission filings.
Vivian Cervantes, Managing Director
PCG Advisory Group
SOURCE Jerrick Media Holdings, Inc.