NEW YORK, Sept. 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Jetsetter (www.jetsetter.com), the leading private sales website that helps members discover and book the world's best vacations, today announced the launch of Jetsetter Homes, a collection of more than 200 curated, verified homes around the world, available at Jetsetter exclusive prices. Jetsetter is once again disrupting the travel industry with a better way for travelers to book vacation homes utilizing live inventory, honest first-person reviews by experienced travel writers, and custom 360-degree photo tours. No more emailing owners about availability, haggling over price, or worrying about whether your vacation rental will live up to the owner's description.
"As anyone who has researched and booked a vacation home knows, the process is archaic and time consuming," said Drew Patterson, Jetsetter Founder and CEO. "Jetsetter makes the research process a delight with great photography, including our revolutionary 360-degree tours which transport the user into beautiful homes and fabulous infinity pools around the world. Unbiased first-person reviews from Jetsetter correspondents ensure that our members don't end up with the unpleasant surprise of a tired vacation home. And, of course, we streamlined the booking process with instant booking capabilities."
More than 200 hand-selected, verified homes will be available for rent at Jetsetter exclusive prices 365 days per year under the new "Homes" section of the site, and the collection will grow each month. Each week, Jetsetter will feature five to 10 homes on sale with savings from 20-50 percent off. Homes featured in flash sales are available for a limited time, while availability lasts. Jetsetter's inventory of vacation homes is located around the world, with a high concentration in the Caribbean, Mexico, the American West, California, France and Italy. Size and price vary from a five-bedroom house in Crete for $310 per night to a palatial 14-bedroom mansion on a private Caribbean island for $53,000 per night.
The Jetsetter Homes product delivers features that spare users from the usual challenges and frustrations of vacation rental websites including:
- Live Booking: Jetsetter members can search for homes with live availability and pricing and book instantly, rather than having to email back and forth with a home owner.
- Curated and Verified Collection: Jetsetter curators' hand-select each vacation rental featured and negotiate members-only pricing. A Jetsetter correspondent has visited each property personally to provide an unbiased review, removing the risk of owner-created editorial.
- Revolutionary 360-Degree Photos: Many of the vacation homes will feature 360-degree photos providing a virtual window into each home. Jetsetter designed a camera to shoot dozens of high resolution photos which are stitched together to form 360-degree images. Unlike virtual tours, Jetsetter 360-degree photos pan smoothly about the room on multiple planes, without choppy pauses and distortion to give users a more realistic sense of what the home offers.
- Jetsetter Is Trusted Merchant Of Record: Jetsetter members feel secure in purchasing through Jetsetter. There will be no rate negotiations between traveler and owner. And, no more paying a stranger by mailing a check or worrying about whether or not a safety deposit will be returned.
- Great Deals: Vacation homes featured in the flash section of the site will be 20-50 percent lower than rates found anywhere else.
- Simplified booking process: Like the rest of the site, Jetsetter Homes will feature a clean, uncluttered interface. Amenities and features most important to renters will be clearly highlighted including the number of bedrooms and baths, square footage, and maximum occupancy. Rates are conveniently broken down by day, week and month and also per person, for members wanting to share the cost of a home with friends or family.
"Booking a vacation rental through Jetsetter Homes is like renting from a travel-savvy friend with homes all over the world," continues Patterson. "Members trust Jetsetter to feature only the best-in-class properties in desirable locations and to provide an objective review. They know their money is safe with Jetsetter. And, if there are any problems, Jetsetter's dedicated Members Service team is available to assist at any time."
Special Launch Sale
In celebration of the launch, more than 50 percent of homes from the Jetsetter 24/7 collection will be 10 percent off until Oct. 12.
Jetsetter.com is the leading members-only website that helps travelers discover and purchase the world's best vacations. Each vacation featured on the site has been hand-selected by a team of curators and personally verified by a Jetsetter correspondent to assure that all Jetsetter trips meet the expectations of discerning members. Jetsetters can browse offerings on sale in flash at prices up to 50 percent off; or peruse Jetsetter 24/7, a collection of more than 500 hotels, resorts and vacation homes available 365 days a year at Jetsetter exclusive prices. Jetsetter correspondents are available for private consultations through the Personal Travel Planning Service. Jetsetter apps are available for the iPhone and iPad. For more information, visit www.Jetsetter.com.
For more information about Jetsetter Homes or to interview Founder & CEO Drew Patterson, contact:
Director of PR, Jetsetter