WOODBURY, N.Y., Oct. 18, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Janam Technologies LLC, a leading provider of rugged mobile computers that scan barcodes and communicate wirelessly, announced today that Jif-Pak, the global leader in meat and poultry nettings and casings, is using the XT2 rugged touch computer to track inventory across its 75,000 square foot facility in Vista, California.
Jif-Pak serves many of the largest meat and poultry product manufacturers around the world and has led research and development of netting innovations that are now industry standard in terms of quality and cost efficiency. To improve overall operations, Jif-Pak sought a rugged mobile computer that could enable better tracking of raw materials and finished goods from assembly to final delivery to customers.
- With a commitment to help its customers supply meat and poultry products that offer the most desirable color, flavor and appearance, Jif-Pak produces nettings and casings that provide unmatched results in the complex meat processing environment.
- Jif-Pak was using Zebra Technologies' MC9090 rugged mobile computer within its facility and sought the guidance of Technology Recovery Group ("TRG") to transition to a newer, more compact and Android-based device.
- After strenuously testing three devices from different rugged mobile computer vendors, Jif-Pak selected Janam's XT2 rugged touch computer because of its compact form factor, ample screen size and superior rugged design.
- Jif-Pak worked with TRG to ensure Janam's XT2 rugged touch computer could easily integrate with its existing ERP system to provide access to transactional data about the movement of products through the supply chain.
- Transitioning to the Android operating system allowed Jif-Pak to easily develop new applications for printing tickets and employee time management.
- As the industry's toughest and lightest ultra-rugged touch computer, Janam's XT2 provides business-class performance in a familiar smartphone-like form factor, resulting in Jif-Pak achieving immediate productivity gains and return on investment.
Harry B Lerner, CEO, Janam Technologies
"Janam collaborates closely with partners like TRG to deliver rugged mobile computers that optimize supply chain processes. With Janam's XT2, we were able to ensure Jif-Pak, along with other companies in the manufacturing industry, has the technology it needs to improve efficiency, maximize productivity and increase the bottom line."
Skip Philip, IT Manager, Jif-Pak
"It was a struggle to get our employees to use the previous equipment we had deployed, since it was bulky and not very intuitive. Janam's XT2 changed all that. Jif-Pak employees have quickly adapted to the new device and are thrilled with its size and ease of use."
Dan Zirkle, Vice President of Sales, Technology Recovery Group ("TRG")
"Janam is a leader in the rugged device space. We are proud to have partnered with them to bring Jif-Pak a solution that met their objectives and will ultimately maximize ROI."
Learn more about Janam: www.janam.com
Learn more about the XM2-RFID: www.janam.com/products/details/xt2
Follow Janam on Facebook: www.facebook.com/janamtechnologies
Follow Janam on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/janam-technologies
Follow Janam on Twitter: www.twitter.com/JanamTech
Janam Technologies LLC is a provider of rugged, handheld computing devices for mobile workers. Janam combines deep industry knowledge with advanced technologies to deliver products and accessories that increase productivity, reduce costs and improve customer satisfaction. Specializing in purpose-built mobile computers that scan barcodes and communicate wirelessly, Janam offers products that are designed to run mission-critical applications in retail, healthcare, hospitality, manufacturing and logistics. For more information, visit www.janam.com.
Jif-Pak is the worldwide producer of innovative meat and poultry casings and nettings. The corporate office and manufacturing facilities are housed in a 75,000-square-foot facility from which Jif-Pak serves many of the largest meat and poultry product manufacturers around the world. Jif-Pak has sales operations throughout the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Australia and Asia.
About Technology Recovery Group ("TRG")
Technology Recovery Group (TRG) is the leading hardware, software, and solutions provider in the mobile computing, barcode and POS / payment processing industries. Based in Westlake, Ohio, TRG provides the most comprehensive suite of products and services across all lifecycle stages and equipment types. From warehouse to register and deployment to retirement, TRG develops tailored solutions that meet each customer's unique requirements and ultimately increase productivity, extend equipment life and maximize overall ROI.
Learn more about why The Difference is Us at www.trgrepair.com.
Products or services mentioned may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
SOURCE Janam Technologies LLC