SAN FRANCISCO, April 8, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- JINS Eyewear, Japan's largest eyewear brand by volume, officially announced today that the doors to its first U.S. flagship store will open to the public on April 10, 2015. Located in San Francisco's shopping mecca, Union Square along Powell Street, the JINS U.S. flagship store will provide a massive and beautifully designed 4,900 square feet of eyewear retail space, and will house more than 1,200 different styles of JINS exclusive eyewear.
A New Way to Shop for Glasses
JINS is an early innovator in creating high-quality, high-style prescription and nonprescription eyewear at affordable prices since 2001. It has also become well-known for raising the bar with unique shopping experiences – its stores in Japan push boundaries with their bright, inviting designs and other distinctive elements. JINS hopes to bring this innovative approach to members of the U.S. market who want a personalized, hands-on experience when buying glasses.
At the heart of the store will be Kanna, an intricately-designed robot that edges high-quality, aspheric lenses on-site while customers wait. That means, instead of waiting weeks for glasses, customers can browse the store, purchase and receive their prescription eyewear with custom fitting all in the same visit. From start to finish, the experience takes about 30 minutes, but shoppers are encouraged to take their time and enjoy all the store has to offer.
Beautifully Serene Store Design
When you enter the store, you will notice only one thing: the eyewear on display, as there are few distractions to get between you and your exploration. JINS collaborated with San Francisco architecture firm Kwan Henmi to create a unique, gallery-like retail setting that artfully blends nature with minimalism.
"Eyeglasses are small, delicate objects that might get lost in a large space, but we made sure that they are easy to touch and try on, by organizing them in a system of simple, well-lit, repetitive grids," said Denis Henmi, President and CEO of Kwan Henmi. "This simplicity and accessibility has deep roots in the JINS brand, and are qualities that recur throughout our store design."
Japanese Craftsmanship Meets San Francisco Style
Every pair of JINS glasses is artfully designed by a team in Tokyo and is created with the passion and spirit of Japanese craftsmanship, using superior materials, and metal frame parts sourced exclusively from Japan.
Currently, there are four featured styles of JINS frames in the U.S.:
- Airframe –No one likes a heavy weight on their face. That's why we created Airframe, a combination of minimalist design and artful craftsmanship that sacrifices neither style nor comfort. That means you can look great without getting those annoying welts behind your ears. The only thing better than that? We're almost sure we have it in your color.
- Classic –Serving a multitude of styles & personalities, this collection certainly lives up to its name. Made of the highest quality materials with outstanding designs, these frames truly are the definition of Classic. Rediscover the timeless styles that captivated us throughout the decades, and continue to inspire us today.
- Neo Luxe – This urban take on vintage luxury blends turn-of-the-century boldness with poise and grace. Made of lustered acetate, this collection caters to the taste of vintage-style lovers and high-fashion advocates alike.
- Soul Style – Bright faces and patterned temple ends combine to make frames that are both tasteful and fun. The frames in our Soul Style collection will help you express your unique identity and transient moods. Harness your personality and let your eyewear exude confidence.
With JINS' range of colors, frames and lenses, you can discover your personal style and express individuality regardless of cost because JINS glasses and sunglasses are accessibly priced from $60-120, including premium lenses.
Celebrate San Francisco – Near and Far
Commemorating the first U.S. store opening in San Francisco, JINS has partnered with two local non-profits, San Francisco Baykeeper and Wildlife Conservation Network, for "Cases for Causes" – a collection of unique eyeglass cases inspired by the organizations' missions. The cases will be displayed in-store and when you purchase one, 100% of all sales will go toward the selected non-profit.
Don't live in San Francisco? No worries – JINS will supplement its unique in-store experience with the launch of its U.S. e-commerce site on April 10, 2015. Now, customers nationwide will be able to purchase JINS eyewear online with an existing prescription, and Bay Area residents will have the opportunity to purchase their glasses online and pick them up in-store on the same day.
- To stay up-to-date on JINS' U.S. arrival, visit: www.jins.com
- Press resources: corp.jins.com
- Follow JINS U.S.:
JINS, San Francisco, SF, eyewear, retail, fashion, Kwan Henmi, glasses, accessories, menswear, womenswear
In 2001, the JINS brand was founded in Japan and has since expanded to become a global leader in crafting stylish, high-quality, and innovative eyewear at affordable prices. With 329 retail locations in Japan and China, JINS is set to open its first U.S. store in San Francisco and launch its e-commerce site on April 10, 2015. The company is committed to providing highly personalized, honest service with a remarkable level of speed and convenience to make the eyeglass purchasing experience enjoyable. For the first time, customers will be able to receive their custom prescription eyewear in minutes as opposed to weeks with the flagship store's Kanna, a lens-edging robot. Featuring a collection of over 1,200 fashionable styles, JINS frames are designed in Tokyo with every face in mind. Furthermore, JINS continues to pioneer the creation of functional eyeglasses that see beyond simple vision correction: a new class of eyewear that serves a purpose. As part of its vision to enrich lives, JINS has explored new and exciting uses for eyeglasses as a means to improve safety, wellness, and health.