PORTLAND, Ore., Jan. 11 /PRNewswire/ --
- Jive, the Social Business Software (SBS) leader, continued its rapid momentum in 2009 by increasing its full year revenue 85 percent over 2008, capping the most successful year in the company's history.
- Jive achieved record new and renewal business in the fourth quarter, including Booz Allen Hamilton, Bupa, EMC, Intercontinental Hotel Group, Kaiser Permanente, Life Technologies, Manheim, Musician's Friend, Qualcomm, SAP, Scheels Sports, Sling Media, Sprint, StrongMail, Swiss Re and United Business Media Limited.
- The company was cash flow positive for the year.
- Unlike many cancelled or scaled-back industry and company conferences, Jive hosted its inaugural community conference, JiveWorld09 in San Francisco. Sold-out weeks before the conference even began, JiveWorld09 featured two days of intense discussion, debate, and learning with more than 300 social business leaders from diverse industries.
- In October, Gartner, Inc. positioned Jive in the Leaders Quadrant of its 2009 report "Magic Quadrant for Social Software in the Workplace."(1) Gartner positions vendors in the "Leaders" quadrant based on completeness of vision and their ability to execute on that vision.
- In October, Jive closed a $12 million Series B round of funding with from Sequoia Capital. Jive is using the funds to increase its product footprint, expand its partner ecosystem, and grow its sales and customer support teams.
- In November, Jive announced the opening of its new Bay Area office, in downtown, Palo Alto to expand their Bay Area footprint and to accommodate the hiring of additional engineering talent. Jive moved to this larger office space after outgrowing its previous space in just four months.
- Early in the year, Jive unveiled its strategy for leading the Social Business Software (SBS) market. Innovations delivered throughout the year to support this strategy, include:
- Jive SBS 3.0 (March) the industry's first enterprise-class, Social Business Software application suite.
- Jive Express (May), its first cloud computing offering of Jive SBS to get enterprises up and running with zero upfront investment and no specialized skills needed for deployment.
- Jive Connects (October) a new strategy to extend a social layer across an organization's content silos. The first module delivered - Jive Connects for Microsoft SharePoint - provides a deep integration between Jive SBS and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Jive SBS 4.0 (October), the largest, most ambitious release in Jive's history. With SBS 4.0, Jive extends SBS further out into the marketplace, deep into the enterprise, wide across an organization's firewall, and takes Jive SBS "on the road" with a new native iPhone application and enhanced capabilities for smartphones.
- Jive increased company headcount by more than 50 percent to 200 employees.
- Jive added many industry leaders to their client roster, with now more than 25 percent of the Fortune 100 using Jive. In the last year, many Jive customers have been featured in published reports, received industry recognition, and have shared their stories at top conferences, including Charles Schwab, Cisco, CSC, Defense Intelligence Agency with A-Space, Intel, National Instruments, NetApp, T-Mobile and Yum! Brands.
- Jive expanded its strategic market focus to include the U.S. federal government and additional geographic markets including Canada and a larger portion of Europe.
- "We entered 2009 against a strong economic headwind that impacted virtually every industry and saw technology investments pared or eliminated altogether," said Dave Hersh, CEO of Jive Software. "In the face of uncertainty, Social Business Software emerged as a 'must have' for enterprises looking to not only survive, but to thrive. As a result, by virtually any measure 2009 was a record year for Jive. I'd like to thank our terrific customers who chose to not stand still, and our talented team of Jivers who displayed the passion and expertise that's become a hallmark of the Jive brand. All of us at Jive are excited about the year ahead, and we look forward to continuing to set the pace in the Social Business Software market."
- Jive CEO Blog on Momentum
- Jive Software Website
- Jive SBS 4.0 product web page
- Jive Mobile product web page
- Jive Bridging product web page
- JiveWorld 2009 Website
(1) Gartner, Inc. "Magic Quadrant for Social Software in the Workplace," by Nikos Drakos et al., Oct. 22, 2009
About the Magic Quadrant
The Magic Quadrant is copyrighted 2009 by Gartner, Inc. and is reused with permission. The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner's analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the Magic Quadrant, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors placed in the "Leaders" quadrant. The Magic Quadrant is intended solely as a research tool, and is not meant to be a specific guide to action. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About Jive Software
Jive frees people to engage in open, natural business conversations and workflows that typically are trapped inside of emails, phone calls, or meetings. As the leading enterprise-class suite of SBS applications for Global 2000 companies and governments, Jive combines social networking software, collaboration software, and community software into the first solution to effectively manage employees, customers, and partners on a unified platform built for tens of thousands of users and millions of page views.
SOURCE Jive Software