PLYMOUTH, Mich., Sept. 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- For the 16th consecutive year, Johnson Controls, a global diversified company in the building and automotive industries, honored its top performing automotive suppliers during its annual North American Supplier Performance Awards ceremony. The event was held today at The Inn at St. John's in Plymouth, Mich. Forty four awards were given to 40 supplier companies that demonstrated their leadership and commitment to Johnson Controls' Automotive Experience business.
"We are grateful to our supply base, as their dedication is key to our success as a global automotive leader," said Jim Bos, vice president of purchasing, North America, for Johnson Controls' Automotive Experience business. "These awards are important, as they give us an opportunity to thank our suppliers for their leadership and commitment to excellence throughout the year."
Johnson Controls' North American Supplier Performance Awards are presented for top performance in the following key business areas: quality; cost; logistics; development; technology; and service. This year, outstanding performance by the company's supply base was recognized on four levels – platinum, gold, silver and bronze.
Recipients of the Platinum 2011 Supplier Performance Award were:
- Alex Products, Inc., Ridgeville Corners, Ohio
- Robert Bosch Corporation, Plymouth, Mich.
The Gold 2011 Supplier Performance Award recipient was:
- Automatic Spring Products Corp., Grand Haven, Mich.
Silver 2011 Supplier Performance Award recipients were:
- Fujikura Automotive America LLC, Novi, Mich.
- EDS Manufacturing, Inc., Nogales, Ariz.
- ISSI, San Jose, Calif.
- TTI, Fort Worth, Texas
- Global Enterprises, Huntington Woods, Mich.
- GDC, Inc., Goshen, Ind.
- Dudek & Bock, Chicago
- Dura Automotive Systems, Rochester Hills, Mich.
- Kenwal Steel Corp., Dearborn, Mich.
- Greenfield Research, Inc., Greenfield, Ohio
- E & E Manufacturing Co., Plymouth, Mich.
- Ithaca Coatings, Ithaca, Mich.
- Anderson Cook, Chesterfield, Mich.
- ATF, Lincolnwood, Ill.
- Leggett & Platt, Inc., Carthage, Mo.
- Petoskey Plastics, Inc., Petoskey, Mich.
- Lakeside Plastics, Inc., Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- Keen Point International, Inc., Auburn Hills, Mich.
- Everwill, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- The Oakwood Group, Dearborn, Mich.
- The Troxel Company, Moscow, Tenn.
- Unique Fabricating, Auburn Hills, Mich.
Supplier companies recognized with a Bronze 2011 Supplier Performance Award were:
- Arrow, Melville, N.Y.
- Nichia America Corp., Tokushima, Japan.
- Leon Plastics, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- PTX, Clemmons, N.C.
- Acoustek Nonwovens, Inc., Statesville, N.C.
- Continental Midland, Park Forest, Ill.
- Emhart Automotive, Chesterfield, Mich.
- JD Norman Industries, Addison, Ill.
- Kongsberg Automotive, Novi, Mich.
- Port City Group, Muskegon, Mich.
- Termax, Lake Zurich, Ill.
- Guelph Tool Inc, Guelph, Ontario
- FXI, Novi, Mich.
In addition, Johnson Controls officials presented six leadership awards in the following areas:
- Sustainability – Kimball Electronics, Jasper, Ind.
- Continuous Improvement – Manufacturers Industrial Group, Lexington, Tenn.
- Global Growth – Keen Point International Inc.
- Shareholder Value – Fujikura Automotive America LLC
- Quality Leadership –Robert Bosch Corporation
- Minority Business Development – Kongsberg Automotive
About Johnson Controls
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 154,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2011, Corporate Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #1 company in its annual "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com.
About Johnson Controls Automotive Experience
Johnson Controls is a global leader in automotive seating, overhead systems, door and instrument panels, and interior electronics. We support all major automakers in the differentiation of their vehicles through our products, technologies and advanced manufacturing capabilities. With more than 200 plants worldwide, we are where our customers need us to be. Consumers have enjoyed the comfort and style of our products, from single components to complete interiors. With our global capability we supply more than 30 million cars per year.
SOURCE Johnson Controls