SHANGHAI, Sept. 14, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Jolywood (Suzhou) Sunwatt Co. Ltd. (Jolywood), the world's leading supplier of N-type high efficiency bifacial solar cells and modules, has won the 2018 Asian Photovoltaic Innovative Technology Award presented by the AsiaSolar Expo in Shanghai (the "Expo"). Together with other big names in the PV industry, Jolywood's technology represents revolutionary breakthroughs and years of expertise and has been hailed as harbingers of new possibilities for the future.
The award, which focuses on technology and enterprise, praises endeavors that bring innovative growth and sustainable development to the industry. For many years, Jolywood has been the industry's bellwether in technology innovation with its N-type high efficiency bifacial solar products. Wang Hongliang, Deputy General Manager of Jolywood's new energy business, gave a speech about the group's vision and mission, as well as its latest achievements, at the Expo's forum.
"We are very proud to be granted with such an honor. In the past decade since Jolywood's inception, we have grown from a small company into a big family of 2,000 members, that boasts a range of innovative technologies," said Wang. During the speech, Wang also introduced a new energy project of Jolywood, "Photovoltaic Plus," which integrates photovoltaic innovation with ecological agriculture.
"The 'green energy' project is one that combines intelligent technologies with new energy. The mission of the project, which is also of Jolywood, is to better serve society by driving technological innovation," said Wang.
Highlights of Jolywood's innovations
- N-type high efficiency bifacial products
- High conversion efficiency: over 23% for the front side and over 19% for the back side.
- More electricity generation gain: over 310W for 60-cell modules and 370W for 72-cell ones.
- Better performance: for N-type cells, there is no LID, which can increase power generation. The working temperature is 5 to 9 degrees Celsius lower than the conventional P-type. Excellent response to weak illumination.
- Jolywood X Dupont: transparent TPT backsheet and high-reflection aluminum partner for bifacial modules
- The product range features Dupont's Tedlar technology and Jolywood's patented transparent fluorocarbon coating technology with light transmittance higher than 90%. It is the ideal partner of bifacial modules.
- Glass-free AI flexible modules
- Able to be bent freely, this module features cells made up of N-type 100μm-super-thin material with a staggering efficiency of over 23%. The AI box attached to the module is capable of supervising each module online and cutting them off in an emergency.
- Folding modules
- Equipped with N-type monocrystalline bifacial cells
- Steady power output
- Portable and highly foldable
- Highly resistant to corrosion, extreme weather and aging
- "Photovoltaic Plus" project
- The project will create a "green" agricultural complex with facilities for breeding, planting, feed production, power generation and tourism.
- The planting facilities are powered and operated by digital systems that integrate Jolywood's N-type bifacial power generation and high-reflection technologies. The system makes optimized use of solar energy and soil to obtain the largest output value.
Jolywood (SZ: 300393) is the world leader in development, production and marketing of PV backsheet, high-efficiency mono-crystalline n-type bifacial solar cells and bifacial modules. Founded in 2008, Jolywood (Suzhou) Sunwatt Co. Ltd. (Jolywood Suzhou) is the largest manufacturer of PV backsheet worldwide, with an annual production capacity of over 100 million square meters. Jolywood (Taizhou) Solar Technology Co. Ltd. (Jolywood Taizhou), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Jolywood Suzhou, was founded in 2016 and tops the global solar industry with 2.4GW in manufacturing capacity of N-type bifacial solar cells since 2017.
SOURCE Jolywood (Taizhou) Solar Technology Co. Ltd.