LONDON, April 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
SOCAR announced last week that by the end of 2012, it will have signed a deal with BP for production-sharing on the second Azeri-Chirag-Guneshli field, which draws from the country's vast gas reserves.
The developments with this and other major projects in the region will have a significant impact on gas supplies to Europe and Asia, so this deal is one of the many positive steps towards ensuring Caspian gas supplies will flow effectively to key customers.
Kamal Abbasov, Head of Gas Export, SOCAR, will be discussing this ground breaking deal at the Caspian Gas Forum, which takes place in Istanbul, Turkey on 3-5 July 2012. The Forum will focus on the most current developments within the region, specifically on projects including South Stream, Shah Deniz, TAP, and White Stream.
Subjects to be discussed throughout the Forum programme include:
• The geopolitics in the Caspian region: market entry and overcoming the risks of investment
• Azerbaijan: open for business and a lynchpin for upstream developments
• The view from Northern Iraq: what are the challenges? Where are the opportunities?
• An overview of the gas markets that are affected by the Caspian region
• Turkmenistan: what do investors really need to know?
• Turkey: the key player in the European gas market?
• How do the recent discoveries in the East Mediterranean affect Caspian gas supply in the medium and long term?
• Kazakhstan: the development of the Kashagan oil and gas field
• The impact of high demand from Asia on the Caspian gas supply
• Iran: a potential game changer for the global gas market?
Distinguished speakers from the region include: Jean-Arnold Vinois, Head of Unit, Energy Policy, Security of Supply and Networks, Directorate General for Energy, European Commission; David Loosley, Head of Business Development and Shah Deniz Project Representative, BP Turkey; Christian Guidicelli, General Manager, TOTAL Azerbaijan; Matthias Keuchel, Senior VP, Gas Supply Division, South-Caspian Region, E.ON Ruhrgas; Selami Incedalci, General Manager, General Directorate of Petroleum Affairs, Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources, Turkey and Emre Engur, Head of International Projects, BOTAS
Notes to the editor:
Web address: http://www.caspiangasforum.com
For all press enquiries contact Neill Howard on +44(0)203-180-6508 or [email protected]
SOURCE Gastech Specialist Events