SAN MATEO, Calif., Oct. 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Kensington®, a worldwide leader of desktop productivity and mobility solutions for IT, business and home office professionals and The Professionals' Choice for nearly 35 years, today announced the introduction of the Kensington Locking Kit for Surface™ Studio, the only physical security product available for the groundbreaking new device announced by Microsoft® on October 26.
The locking kit consists of a security slot adapter for the Surface Studio, a MiniSaver™ Keyed Lock with a 5-foot carbon steel cable, and two keys. The lock adapter attaches to the bottom of the Surface Studio and is designed with a Kensington Mini Security Slot. When combined, the adapter and MiniSaver lock will protect the Surface Studio from theft.
"We are extremely proud to introduce the Kensington Locking Kit for Surface Studio," said Rob Humphrey, Director of Global Product Management, Security, Kensington. "Due to the design of the Surface Studio, Microsoft had very specific needs when it came to a security solution, and Kensington engineers worked collaboratively with Microsoft on finding a solution. Not only did it have to be strong, it had to complement the design of the Surface Studio, and our engineers have delivered in every way possible."
In 2015, in conjunction with the launch of Kensington's BlackBelt 1st Degree Rugged Case for Surface Pro 3, the company announced its participation in the Microsoft "Designed for Surface" Program, which empowers the organization to develop Surface-specific accessories for business and consumer use. The goal of the program is to provide third-party hardware accessory manufacturers specific technical guidance to help create exceptional accessories that work seamlessly with Surface devices. Microsoft created the program to address the growing demand for Surface accessories for use in business, at home, and on the go.
The Kensington Locking Kit for Surface Studio will be available for order on December 15.
Kensington® Locking Kit for Surface™ Studio (K67975WW; SRP: $69.99) —
- Surface Studio Lock Adapter: Built for strength and designed specifically to provide security for the groundbreaking device to thwart theft.
- MiniSaver™ Keyed Lock: Featuring Cleat™ Locking Technology, the retracting "claws" grab on to the internal sides of the lock adapter, creating a strong connection to help ensure your Surface Studio stays where it belongs.
- Push-Button Design: Allows for one-handed engagement into the lock adapter, quickly and easily attaching the lock inside the Kensington Mini Security Slot™.
- Pivot and Rotate Cable: Special hinge creates great freedom of movement, eliminating awkward angles and allowing you to insert your key with complete ease.
- Carbon Steel Cable: Offering the same level of cut-resistance and theft-resistance as thicker cables, the carbon steel cable with plastic sheath offers security and greater mobility with 5 feet of cable.
- Verified & Tested: Engineered to Kensington's rigorous specifications and third-party standards in torque/pull, foreign implements, lock lifecycle, corrosion, key strength and other environmental conditions.
- Register & Retrieve: Kensington's online key registration program that allows for quick, secure and easy key replacement if it ever gets lost or stolen.
Hi-resolution product images are available at: https://flic.kr/s/aHskKi9Rrj
Follow Kensington on:
Kensington is a leading provider of desktop and mobile device accessories, trusted by IT, educators, business and home office professionals around the world for nearly 35 years. Kensington products empower people to dynamically interact with content, creating a better working experience for productive performance. In both office and mobile environments, Kensington's extensive portfolio of award-winning products provides trusted security, desktop productivity innovations, and ergonomic well-being. Our core competencies in engineering, industrial design, product quality and responsive customer support make Kensington The Professionals' Choice™. Kensington is the inventor and worldwide leader in laptop security locks, the acknowledged leader of Trackball innovation and offers a broad range of premium-branded desktop productivity solutions.
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Kensington operates as the Computer Products Group of ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO), a world leader in branded office products, with products marketed in more than 100 countries across the globe. For more information, visit http://www.kensington.com/ or call Kensington toll-free at 1-800-235-6708.
Kensington is a registered trademark of ACCO Brands. Kensington The Professionals' Choice, MiniSaver, Cleat, and Kensington Mini Security Slot are trademarks of ACCO Brands. All other registered and unregistered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
© 2016 Kensington Computer Products Group, a division of ACCO Brands. All rights reserved.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/kensington-exclusively-launches-security-solution-for-the-new-microsoft-surface-studio-300352787.html
SOURCE ACCO Brands