WASHINGTON, April 26, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- U.S. News & World Report, publisher of the Best STEM High Schools, Best STEM Jobs and Parent's Guide to STEM, today announced keynote speakers for the sixth annual STEM Solutions National Leadership Conference, taking place May 24-26, 2017 at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina in California.
Keynote speakers were selected for their work in improving STEM education and building a strong and diverse science and tech workforce in America – a key theme of this year's conference. Speakers include:
- Ursula Burns, Chairman, Xerox Corporation
- Andrew N. Liveris, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Dow Chemical Company
- Mary Hope McQuiston, Vice President, Autodesk Education Experiences
Higher Education Leaders:
- Ana Mari Cauce, Ph.D., President, University of Washington
- Philip J. Hanlon, Ph.D., President, Dartmouth College
- Susan Hockfield, Ph.D., President, AAAS; President Emerita and Professor of Neuroscience, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Andrew W. Moore, Ph.D., Dean, School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University
- G.P. "Bud" Peterson, Ph.D., President, Georgia Institute of Technology
Government and Non-Profit Leaders:
- Dale Dougherty, Chief Executive Officer of Maker Media, Inc. and Founder of MAKE: Magazine and Maker Faire
- Ioannis N. Miaoulis, Ph.D., President and Director, Museum of Science, Boston
- Ellen Ochoa, Ph.D., Director, NASA's Johnson Space Center
- Darlene V. Shiley, President, The Shiley Foundation
On the final day of the conference, a special panel of San Diego leaders will zero in on a range of STEM issues affecting San Diego and California, including high-growth job areas, the state's new science education framework, and more. Speakers include:
- Mark Dankberg, Chairman and CEO, ViaSat
- Francis deSouza, President and CEO, Illumina
- Scott Peters, U.S. Congressman of California's 52nd District
- Albert Pisano, Ph.D., Dean, Jacobs School of Engineering, University of California—San Diego
- Debra L. Reed, Chairman, President and CEO, Sempra Energy
To register or find the latest agenda for the STEM Solutions National Leadership Conference, visit usnewsstemsolutions.com and connect with U.S. News STEM Solutions on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+.
U.S. News STEM Solutions
The U.S. News STEM Solutions National Leadership Conference is focused on improving America's science, technology, engineering and math skills. Produced by U.S. News & World Report, the conference highlights STEM issues on a national stage and assembles major corporations, leading educators and top policymakers to find solutions to the STEM crisis. Now in its sixth year, the conference will take place May 24-26, 2017, at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina in California.
U.S. News & World Report
U.S. News & World Report is a digital news and information company that empowers people to make better, more informed decisions about important issues affecting their lives. Focusing on Education, Health, Personal Finance, Travel, Cars and News & Opinion, usnews.com provides consumer advice, rankings, news and analysis to serve people making complex decisions throughout all stages of life. More than 30 million people visit usnews.com each month for research and guidance. Founded in 1933, U.S. News is headquartered in Washington, D.C.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/keynote-speakers-announced-for-us-news-stem-solutions-national-leadership-conference-300445547.html
SOURCE U.S. News & World Report