SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- KeyPoint Technologies continues to enhance the personalization features on its Adaptxt® intelligent keyboard app with an update that gives Android users the freedom to extensively customize the look and functionality of their keyboards.
Available on Feb. 22, just in time for Mobile World Congress, the Adaptxt 2.0 customization features for Android smartphones and tablets include:
- A photo-display feature that allows the use of photos as keyboard backgrounds. Any photo can be uploaded to the Adaptxt app, from family photos to breathtaking landscapes; the possibilities are unlimited.
- A variety of virtual key shapes and fonts, providing a wide range of options for keyboard personalization.
- A "swap keys" feature that allows users to change the layout of their keyboards. This is especially helpful for those who are used to a language layout and want to use it when typing in other languages as well; for example, it is now possible to use AZERTY when typing in English and QWERTY when typing in French.
- The ability to create and save multiple customized keyboard themes for future use.
"KeyPoint is focused on enhancing the user experience through keyboard customization and has made it a top priority for 2013," said KeyPoint's VP Marketing, Ronald Brown. "Our users have told us that user personalization is just as important as speed and accuracy, so we've combined these benefits into the Adaptxt app."
Additional holiday themes are also available and include:
- St. Patrick's Day (March 17)
- Howli (March 27)
- Easter (March 31)
Adaptxt uses artificial intelligence to identify the unique words and phrases entered by each user and adds them to a personalized custom dictionary. Adaptxt is fundamentally different from – and superior to – traditional predictive solutions, which simply hunt for a match in a predetermined dictionary lexicon, then automatically change what users type, forcing them to go back and manually correct the platform's mistake.
The Adaptxt keyboard app is available now for free from Google Play Store (https://play.google.com).
The upgraded Adaptxt 2.0 keyboard works with any smartphone running Android 2.1 or later. Adaptxt 2.1 keyboard works with any tablet running Android 2.2 or later.
About ADAPTXT, a KeyPoint Technologies Innovation
ADAPTXT dramatically improves people's ability to quickly input their ideas, words and commands into Android devices of all kinds. Using the latest advances in linguistic science and artificial intelligence to anticipate users' meaning, ADAPTXT's smart keyboard applications make human/machine interaction dramatically more enjoyable, personal and accurate. Developed by KeyPoint Technologies UK, ADAPTXT represents the leading use of predictive computer input technology in the market today. Founded in 2004, KeyPoint Technologies is headquartered in Glasgow, Scotland, an epicenter of linguistics, with additional offices in India, Japan, China and the U.S. The company is a trusted partner for OEMs, platform providers and developers. KeyPoint Technologies is privately owned. More information can be found at www.keypoint-tech.com and www.adaptxt.com.
SOURCE KeyPoint Technologies