NEW BRAUNFELS, Texas, Jan. 14, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- A new year is all about new beginnings – a time for looking forward to the future. In New Braunfels, Texas, the early part of the year includes great events to start your year off healthier and happier: Get in shape for a 5K race. Have some fun at the Texas Hill Country Comicon. Savor a great family Spring Break.
Add great live music, wonderful local food, and some fabulous wineries, breweries and distilleries for a perfect getaway. Check out these opportunities for a fresh start:
- Get Up & Glow 5K Race – Saturday, February 10, a chip-timed, family-friendly 5K to get your heart thumping and the new year off to a healthy start. Sign up and start training now!
- Hill Country Comicon – Comic book fans are invited to meet creators, experts, and each other March 16. Dress up as your favorite character and enjoy a wide variety of activities and panels. Indulge your inner super hero!
- Spring Break – A Texas Hill Country March is typically 71-77 degrees, sunny and bluebonnet beautiful. New Braunfels is perfect for a family Spring Break. There are great attractions like Schlitterbahn, Natural Bridge Caverns, Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch, the Texas Ski Ranch, the Stars & Stripes Drive-In Theatre and McKenna Children's Museum. And, lots of family-friendly places to stay and fun places to eat.
- Live Music – The Texas Hill Country is alive with the sound of music! The iconic Gruene Hall hosts artists like Amanda Shires and LeAnn Rimes. The Brauntex Performing Arts Theatre has Travis Tritt and Johnny Bush. There's always great performers live, up close and personal.
- Great Food – Try some great food at Krause's Biergarten & Café, originally established in 1938, with a huge on tap beer selection and great menu variety. Enjoy the view at the Grist Mill in the Gruene Historic District, overlooking the Guadalupe River. And, if you're looking for some great Texas barbecue – check these out!
- Cheers! – From the beautiful Texas Hill Country wineries to the Hill Country Craft Beer Trail to some great new boutique distilleries, you're sure to discover a new favorite to toast 2019!
For a complete listing of attractions and upcoming events in New Braunfels see PlayInNewBraunfels!
SOURCE Greater New Braunfels Convention & Visitors Bureau