MEBANE, N.C., Nov. 16, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- With home security top of mind for most, Kidde's expansion of its RemoteLync line makes it even easier to stay connected when away from home. The new Wi-Fi enabled RemoteLync Camera is cord-free, hub-free, and powered by a rechargeable battery that lasts up to three months on a single charge. Its magnetic base enables the camera to be easily installed nearly anywhere – homeowners aren't limited by proximity to an electrical outlet – and the camera will adjust to almost any angle. Kidde, a leading manufacturer of residential fire safety products, is a part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
The camera immediately records video upon sensing motion, and sends users an alert via a free app on their mobile devices. Trusted members of each user's network also can be notified. The user then can view the video and decide whether to dismiss or save it. Users may also request video clips from five to 30 seconds on demand. The video clips will be available in the app for 12 hours at no charge; during that time users can download directly to a smart device or the cloud, and/or share via social media. Long-term clip storage in the app is available at a minimal cost.
"Kidde has a nearly 100-year history of using innovative technology to deliver fire safety solutions for homes, and the RemoteLync Camera is a natural evolution," said Jon Hughes, director of product management, Kidde. "It provides reliable, affordable and flexible monitoring for those who want to keep tabs on their home without spending a lot of time or money."
The RemoteLync Camera includes exclusive technology from the makers of the Homeboy camera. An innovative, permission-based geo-arming feature will automatically arm or disarm the camera based on the owner's mobile device location — arming it when the user leaves home and disarming it on return. The RemoteLync Camera uses a passive infrared sensor to dramatically reduce false alarms. A built-in "pet-mode" minimizes the chance of a pet's movement triggering the device, and it can be customized based on the size of the pet. Detected motion will activate an array of LED lights, which help to illuminate a dark room and allow for clear recording. The lights and optional audible alarm may also deter an intruder.
"The RemoteLync Camera is designed as a user-friendly way to create a 'connected home,' while still giving the homeowner control over where to install, who to notify, and whether to save or share the footage. Plus, if they own the accompanying RemoteLync Monitor, they also can get a real-time view if a smoke or carbon monoxide alarm sounds," said Hughes.
Highlights of the RemoteLync Camera:
- Installs easily, without cords -- Self-contained system runs on an existing Wi-Fi network, completely wire-free, mounts magnetically to an easy-to-install base and requires no additional hardware. No hammers, drills, extra routers, outlets or hubs needed.
- Event management – Provides instant notifications with free iOS and Android app or through email. Users can invite an unlimited number of trusted contacts to receive notifications and help monitor a location.
- Geo-arming – Automatically arm/disarm camera when homeowners leave and return to the location using an intelligent geo-fence.
- On demand video – Easily request video clips up to 30 seconds anytime – the camera even records at night with bright LED lights.
- Long-lasting rechargeable battery – Lasts up to three months on a single charge with typical usage.
- Mounts magnetically to the base – Install nearly anywhere; once mounted the camera will pivot and point in any direction.
- Notification for smoke and carbon monoxide – One app manages both the camera and RemoteLync Monitor that listens for existing UL-listed smoke and carbon monoxide alarms. Choose to record video if the monitor sends an alert that a smoke or CO alarm is sounding.
Kidde is a leading manufacturer of residential smoke alarms, carbon monoxide (CO) alarms and fire extinguishers, and has been delivering advanced fire-safety technology since it produced the first integrated smoke detection and carbon dioxide extinguishing system nearly 100 years ago. Kidde is a part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide. For more information, visit www.kidde.com or follow @KiddeSafety on Twitter.