SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 14, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Beginning today, the price of a room at some Kimpton hotels in major cities across the country will include the services of a personal therapist – a Retail Therapist – to help out-of-towners shop like a local when looking for the perfect gift for someone special. Kimpton's Retail Therapists are employees of the hotels and longtime residents of the city with self-proclaimed credentials in savvy shopping. Advice is complimentary and available to all who inquire either by email in advance of a stay, or in person at the hotel. For example, Kimpton's Retail Therapists may offer advice such as:
- Chicago, IL: Beyond the flagship department stores on Oak Street, the Retail Therapist at Kimpton's Hotel Palomar can recommend shops in the quaint neighborhood of River North for rare antique gems and vibrant artwork.
- Los Angeles, CA: While Rodeo Drive is the ultimate stop for luxury shopping, the Retail Therapist at Kimpton's Hotel Palomar recommends exploring the diverse neighborhoods of Los Angeles, from Koreatown to Little Armenia for truly distinctive gifts.
- Miami, FL: The Retail Therapist at Kimpton's EPIC Hotel sends fashion seekers to Lincoln Road, which abounds with one-of-a-kind boutiques and trendy shops that are open late to accommodate any shopping schedule.
- New York, NY: The Retail Therapist at Kimpton's 70 park avenue hotel tells shoppers to head to the boutiques in SoHo and offers best spots in the nearby Chelsea Market for foodie presents and mid-shopping fuel.
- San Francisco, CA: The Retail Therapist at Kimpton's Sir Francis Drake Hotel suggests secret shopping spots in Hayes Valley, which is just a short ride from downtown San Francisco where shoppers will find unique boutiques, local art and more.
- Seattle, WA: The Retail Therapist at Kimpton's Hotel Vintage Park recommends heading to Fran's Chocolates for sweet-inspired shopping, where the salted caramels are one of President Obama's favorite treats and shoppers can find a wide variety of seasonal delights.
"Now more than ever, people are on the hunt for authentic experiences when they travel and we care about creating memorable stays for our guests," Niki Leondakis, president and chief operating officer, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants. "Whether guests need to pick up presents for the holidays or want to explore an unfamiliar city, this fun service teaches travelers how to shop like a local."
Guests can contact a Kimpton Retail Therapist by emailing the employee at any of the following hotels:
- Allegro (Chicago, IL), RetailTherapist@allegrochicago.com
- Hotel Burnham (Chicago, IL), RetailTherapist@burnhamhotel.com
- Hotel Monaco (Chicago, IL), RetailTherapist@monaco-chicago.com
- Hotel Palomar (Chicago, IL), RetailTherapist@hotelpalomar-chicago.com
- Hotel Palomar Westwood (Los Angeles, CA), RetailTherapist@palomar-westwood.com
- EPIC Hotel (Miami, FL), RetailTherapist@epichotel.com
- 70 park avenue hotel (New York, NY), RetailTherapist@70parkave.com
- Sir Francis Drake (San Francisco, CA), RetailTherapist@sirfrancisdrake.com
- Hotel Vintage Park (Seattle, WA), RetailTherapist@vintagepark.com
Guests are encouraged to contact Retail Therapists 48 hours in advance of stay.
ABOUT KIMPTON HOTELS & RESTAURANTS
San Francisco-based Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, a collection of boutique hotels and chef-driven restaurants in the US, is an acknowledged industry pioneer and was the first to bring the boutique hotel concept to America. Founded in 1981 by Bill Kimpton, the company is well-known for making travelers feel welcomed and comfortable while away from home through intuitive and unscripted customer care, stylish ambience and having a certain playfulness in its approach to programs and amenities. Each hotel provides a range of exciting culinary experiences through locally-loved, top-rated, destination, chef-driven restaurants. Kimpton leads the hospitality industry in ecological practices through its innovative EarthCare program that spans all hotels and restaurants. Market Metrix, a recognized authority and leader in feedback solutions, consistently ranks Kimpton above other hotel companies in luxury and upper upscale segments for customer satisfaction. Privately held Kimpton operates 51 hotels and 54 restaurants in 16 states. For more information, call 1-800-KIMPTON.
SOURCE Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants