LAS VEGAS and PETERBOROUGH, N.H., April 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The SDE 2017 National Conference will feature a strand dedicated to kindergarten educators full of robust techniques to strengthen students' emotional, social, cognitive, and physical development. The I Teach K! strand will include 105+ sessions on behavior management, technology, guided reading, STEM/science, inquiry-based learning, and more. The National Conference hosted by Staff Development for Educators (SDE) will be held July 10–14, 2017, in Las Vegas, NV.
"Helping young children get off to a good start is a huge responsibility. Kindergarten teachers must ensure their children are socially, emotionally, and developmentally ready to begin the more formal learning that occurs in first grade," Kymra Kurinskas, SDE program developer, says. "And that calls for specific skills and strategies."
Over four days, educators attending the I Teach K! strand will engage in authentic learning opportunities led by kindergarten experts, innovators, authors, and classroom teachers, including favorites from social media. The 150+ sessions will be rich with new and effective strategies to transform the kindergarten classroom, align with the standards, and maximize student learning. Some featured sessions include:
- Super Science Centers & More introduces many developmentally appropriate science centers along with fantastic ideas for units of study for whole-group science instruction.
- Fun & Easy Technology in Your Kindergarten Classroom makes sense of the apps, software, devices, game consoles, and more, and shares great tips for acquiring new technology and making learning in K more fun, challenging, and effective with technology.
- Fun-Tastic Games & Activities for Building Early Math Skills demonstrates how to shake up math stations with fun-filled games and activities that address the standards and teach and reinforce math skills.
- Teaching Letter & Sound Recognition in the Developmentally Appropriate Classroom explains the qualities of a developmentally appropriate classroom, the research behind it, and the difference between explicit teaching and implicit teaching in letter/sound acquisition.
- Integrating Curriculum: Teaching Smarter, Not Harder shows how to integrate the curriculum to maximize teaching time, include informational text, teach to multiple intelligences, and meet the developmental levels of learners.
"Of course, there will be a lot of fun packed into each day—this is all about kindergarten! Attendees can look forward to make-and-take projects, games, and music as well as fantastic opportunities to meet and share with kindergarten teachers from around the country and hopefully create lasting relationships," Kurinskas adds.
To register for SDE's national conferences and pre-conferences, upcoming PD events, or other professional development opportunities, visit www.SDE.com, call 1-800-462-1478, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SDE is one of America's leading providers of professional development for PreK through Grade 12 educators. Through Onsite PD, PD Events, Web-Based PD, and PD Resources, the company empowers teachers and administrators across the country with ongoing professional development that is not only research-based, innovative, and rigorous, but also practical, motivating, and fun. All SDE training is presented by the nation's top authors and educational experts, with the goal of creating extraordinary classrooms that prepare students for the evolving demands of the 21st century.
For more information about SDE, educators are encouraged to visit www.sde.com, or to call 1-800-462-1478.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/kindergarten-experts-to-explore-behavior-management-technology-guided-reading-and-more-at-sde-2017-national-conference-300441685.html
SOURCE Staff Development for Educators