ROCHESTER, N.Y., Dec. 20, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Eastman Kodak Company (NYSE: EK), a world leader in photo systems and inventor of the photo kiosk category, today presents 10-year-old Stephen Goodman from Surprise, AZ, with 20,000 custom-designed KODAK Personal Greeting Cards. Kodak hopes the cards, designed by Stephen and printed on the KODAK Picture Kiosk, will aid his mission to reach the 180,000 troops overseas. Stephen plans to further personalize each card before sending off to the troops.
Inspired by stories from his grandfather, a Vietnam veteran, Stephen began his mission to brighten the lives of those fighting for our country overseas in the summer of 2010. With the help of his family, and support of several local businesses, Stephen is working steadily toward his goal while keeping up with his other daily activities, such as little league baseball and martial arts.
"Stephen's campaign to give thanks to our troops serving overseas is a great fit with Kodak's philosophy of helping people share their special moments and sentiments, anytime and anywhere," said Diedra Kirk, Worldwide Current Product Marketing Manager, Retail System Solutions, Eastman Kodak. "When we heard his story, we wanted to contribute in some way. KODAK Personal Greeting Cards allow Stephen to maintain his individual creativity and personalization while providing him the means to thank a larger number of troops this holiday season."
KODAK Personal Greeting Cards are a new category that allows individual customization and high quality printing along with the convenience of the KODAK Picture Kiosk. The new options offer a variety of ways to quickly personalize and print greetings in seconds. Users can select from top name designer templates to writeable designs, allowing for personalized names in the sand or special message in the sky.
The new feature of the KODAK Picture Kiosk contains three card categories from which users can tell their story:
- Stationery Collection: Say it your way. Add your own words, or a photo if desired, to cards and invitations. Designs are available for all occasions.
- Writeable Designs Collection: Showcase your message in style. Write your message in fun spaces – words in the sand, names in the clouds and more! Customize cards and invitations for any occasion.
- Photo Greetings Collection: Say it with a photo. Create meaningful cards and invitations with your own personal photo and message.
Creating your personalized greeting card takes only three easy steps:
- At a KODAK Picture Kiosk in a participating retailer, choose the occasion, style of card and design. To find a participating retailer near you, go to: http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=7965&pq-locale=en_US&_requestid=15262
- Edit the sentiment if you wish – even add your own photo!
- Push print and the card is printed and ready to go in seconds.
To find a KODAK Picture Kiosk in your area, or for more information on KODAK Personal Greeting Cards as well as many other new, fun and easy ways to tell your story with pictures and words, please visit http://www.kodak.com/go/kiosk
As the world's foremost imaging innovator, Kodak helps consumers, businesses, and creative professionals unleash the power of pictures and printing to enrich their lives. To learn more, visit http://www.kodak.com and follow our blogs and more at http://www.kodak.com/go/followus.
2010 KODAK is a trademark of Kodak.
SOURCE Eastman Kodak Company