ROCHESTER, N.Y., April 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Eastman Kodak Company today announced an extension of its All-in-One (AiO) Inkjet Printer portfolio for the home office market that can help lower the cost of doing business. The new KODAK ESP Office 2170 All-in-One Printer, with Kodak's unique combination of high quality and affordable printing, enables home office professionals to produce first-class presentations, brochures and flyers with vibrant photos, and other business documents efficiently and cost-effectively. Kodak offers the lowest total ink replacement cost(1) and exceptional cost-per-page. The new KODAK ESP Office 2170 Printer also easily connects to a wireless home network for printing flexibility and features a compact design.
"Home office professionals require efficient business solutions that are smart, feature-rich, simple to use and offer great value," said Susan Tousi, General Manager, Inkjet Systems, and Vice President, Eastman Kodak Company. "Our new ESP Office 2170 Printer delivers print, copy, scan and fax capabilities in a compact design for the home office, and provides versatility, connectivity and high quality to meet professionals' business printing needs."
Built-In Intelligence for Productivity
The new ESP Office 2170 Printer offers advanced and intelligent features for business or personal use. Designed to complement a mobile lifestyle, it features simplified Wi-Fi set-up (802.11 b/g/n) and connectivity that enables mobile printing of photos from an iPhone, iPod touch, iPad(2) or BLACKBERRY device(3) with the KODAK Pic Flick App. The ESP Office 2170 Printer also offers important time-saving features, including an intelligent paper sensor that automatically adjusts printer settings based on paper size and type.
High Quality, High Value Options for Varying Printing Needs
KODAK AiO Printing Systems deliver crisp, sharp text documents, brilliant graphics and KODAK Lab-Quality Photos that are smudge and water resistant and last a lifetime(4). In addition, the 1.5-inch display and intuitive control panel enables effortless printing of a variety of built-in document templates, including graph paper, line paper and wide-rule paper, therefore saving time-consuming trips to the store.
The new ESP Office 2170 Printer works with the No. 30 Series of Kodak's proprietary pigment-based ink cartridges(5) that provide richer, more vibrant colors, significant fade resistance and instant dry advantage over dye-based ink systems(6).
Delivering exceptional cost-per-page output, the new KODAK ESP Office 2170 Printer uses Black and Color standard and XL ink cartridges:
- Up to 335 black text pages(7) using KODAK Black Ink Cartridge, 30
- Up to 670 black text pages(8) using KODAK Black Ink Cartridge, 30XL
- Up to 275 color pages(9) using KODAK Color Ink Cartridge, 30
- Up to 550 color pages(10) using KODAK Color Ink Cartridge, 30XL
KODAK AiO Printing Systems offer consumers more choices tailored to meet their printing needs. For example, the KODAK Black Ink Cartridge, 30XL and the KODAK Color Ink Cartridge, 30XL enable consumers who print a high volume of photos and documents to print two times more(11) photos and documents than the KODAK Black Ink Cartridge, 30 and KODAK Color Ink Cartridge, 30. This means fewer cartridge changes, another home office time-saver.
The ESP Office 2170 Printer also offers KODAK Perfect Page Technology(12), which corrects scans of less-than-perfect original documents by reducing dark shadows and delivering more vibrant colors and richer details.
Simple and Convenient Printing Experience
Kodak continues to deliver on its commitment to make printing easy. The new KODAK ESP Office 2170 Printer features a robust 150-sheet document paper tray, as well as a 25-page automatic document feeder, which enables consumers to put in a stack of paper and walk away to focus on other tasks. In addition, the front USB port and memory card slots offer easy access and enable printing of photos without a computer.
The KODAK ESP Office 2170 Printer comes with KODAK All-in-One Printer Home Center Software that offers:
- Enhanced scanning to network folders, email, memory cards or USB flash drives without a computer, with scans to PDF files faster and with half the file size than with previous software versions
- Printing pictures from video(12) from widely used .mov, .avi and .mp4 file types in both standard and high definition resolutions
- Photo printing from popular social sites such as FACEBOOK, KODAK Gallery, PICASA, FLICKR and PHOTOBUCKET; and image editing to reduce red eye, fix blemishes and skin tones and even restore color(12)
- 3D photo creation and printing(12) with no special equipment needed – the first 3D photo printing experience among leading consumer inkjet printers
The KODAK ESP Office 2170 All-in-One Printer will be available in the U.S. by June 2011 for $149.99 MSRP.
For more information on Kodak's inkjet printer portfolio and ink savings visit http://www.printandprosper.com.
As the world's foremost imaging innovator, Kodak helps consumers, businesses, and creative professionals unleash the power of pictures and printing to enrich their lives.
More than 75 million people worldwide manage, share and create photo gifts online at KODAK Gallery--join today at www.kodakgallery.com.
Choose from the widest selection of KODAK Digital Cameras, All-in-One Inkjet Printers, Pocket Video Cameras and more at http://store.kodak.com.
© Kodak, 2011. KODAK and ESP are trademarks of Eastman Kodak Company.
(1) As compared to leading consumer inkjet printers using manufacturers' recommended standard ink cartridges available in single quantity pricing (i.e. no multi-packs, high capacity, combo packs, value packs or special promotions); excludes printers that use only one cartridge.
(2) Compatible with iPhone (with iOS 3.0 or later), iPod touch (2nd generation or later), and iPad.
(3) Compatible with Wi-Fi enabled Blackberry devices with OS 4.5 or later.
(4) Using KODAK Ultra Premium and KODAK Premium Photo Papers. Under all common consumer display and storage environments. Based on testing by Wilhelm Imaging Research (WIR) and Kodak internal testing. Smudge resistance using Kodak Inkjet Photo papers.
(5) Includes Kodak ESP C110, C310, C315, ESP Office 2170.
(6) Based on independent third party print permanence and internal unprotected ozone resistance print permanence comparison studies, on select printer models, between dye-based ink and pigment-based inks applied to microporous media (excludes HP Premium and Premium Plus photo papers), not protected under glass. Select printer models evaluated 2007-2008, May 2009, December 2010 and March 2011. Actual results may vary. For more information please visit PrintandProsper.com.
(7) Ink yield value for black text documents obtained using ISO/IEC 19752 test page, a monochrome test focused on black text printing. Ink yield for color graphics and text documents using ISO/IEC 24712 test pages is 205 pages. Values obtained by continuous printing in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711. Actual results may vary.
(8) Ink yield value for black text documents obtained using ISO/IEC 19752 test page, a monochrome test focused on black text printing. Ink yield for color graphics and text documents using ISO/IEC 24712 test pages is 430 pages. Values obtained by continuous printing in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711. Actual results may vary.
(9) Ink yield values for color graphics and text documents obtained by continuous printing in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711. Actual results may vary.
(10) Ink yield values for color graphics and text documents obtained by continuous printing in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711. Actual results may vary.
(11) Page yield comparison based on ISO/IEC 24711. Actual results may vary.
(12) Not available on Macintosh OS.
SOURCE Eastman Kodak Company