LAS VEGAS, Aug. 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Kudelski Security, a Swiss-based company, today at Black Hat USA, announced the launch of its U.S. presence to meet growing market demand for cybersecurity solutions and managed services that can provide effective, ongoing protection against new and emerging threats. Building off its strong European reputation, the recent acquisition of Milestone Systems, a new U.S. headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona, and a leadership team drawn from the industry's top cybersecurity firms, Kudelski Security enters the U.S. market with a strong Fortune 500 client base, unique combination of capabilities and a plan to change how clients work with solutions providers to design, deploy and manage cybersecurity solutions.
Kudelski Security was established in Switzerland in 2012 as the cybersecurity division of the Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S), a world leader in digital security services and conditional access security solutions. Founded on a culture of innovation, a rigorous and deeply rooted engineering mindset, and decades of experience delivering security solutions to global enterprises, Kudelski Security now delivers comprehensive, end-to-end cybersecurity programs that include consulting, technology, managed services, training, technical support and custom innovation.
"It's exciting to see Kudelski Security enter the U.S. market as a new type of cybersecurity solutions company," said Mark Butler, enterprise information security officer at Fiserv. "A transformation is needed in how enterprise organizations partner with cyber solutions providers going forward, so a unique strategic approach to cyber is certainly welcomed."
Swiss heritage, global presence is the platform for cyber solutions, innovation and client trust
The high-quality engineering of Kudelski's teams, proven R&D capabilities and a reputation as trusted advisors have established Kudelski Security as a cybersecurity leader in Europe. By combining these capabilities with its comprehensive portfolio of solutions, including advisory services, innovative threat intelligence technologies and managed security services, Kudelski Security is able to address the most complex client environments with a unique and unparalleled set of resources and expertise.
"Building trust in a world of uncertainty is not easy. It requires a truly independent voice, deep expertise and a proven ability to deliver value over the long term," said Rich Fennessy, chief executive officer of Kudelski Security. "Kudelski's name is synonymous with these qualities as one of the world's most security-conscious organizations."
"Our approach leverages cybersecurity experts, great service and the world's leading technologies, but our value is driven from an innovative model that helps create a customized security blueprint for clients to evaluate, improve and manage their security program. This modern maturity model approach, aligned with a company's business context, has been missing in the industry," added Fennessy.
The Kudelski Security strategy takes a programmatic approach with clients and incorporates the following key elements across its entire portfolio of cybersecurity solutions:
- World-Class Advisory Services – Delivered through a comprehensive framework that maps, measures and prioritizes each client to a mature cybersecurity program, Kudelski Security not only evaluates the current threat and risk levels for each client, but provides the strategic and "how to" practical guidance clients need to effectively allocate resources and improve their overall security posture.
- Best-of-Breed Technology Approach – With the support of an ecosystem of leading go-to-market technology partners and its consultative approach, Kudelski Security is in a unique position to impartially recommend best-of-breed technologies and solutions that best match a client's technical and business requirements.
- Next-Generation Managed Services / Cyber Fusion Center (CFC) – With centers in Switzerland and Phoenix, the CFC goes beyond 24/7 threat monitoring to contextualize specific threats and provide recommended next steps for clients to mitigate risk and block potential attacks. The managed service is unique in its ability to fuse intelligence gained from both internal and external sources, including the company's community of partners, as well as the knowledge gained from the company's in-house Advanced Labs and Innovation Center.
- Innovation Center – Based in Switzerland, the Innovation Center explores solutions to complex new problems that will form the foundation for products and services that can be used to help clients stay ahead of the most advanced cybercriminals. A few of the recent innovations developed by Kudelski's teams for clients include rapid stealth scanning tools and new threat analysis technologies.
- Advanced Labs – Based in Switzerland, this state-of-the-art laboratory uses specialist and proprietary technology to respond to the most complex and unusual demands relating to patent protection, investigation, and hardware and software evaluation. Of particular interest is the company's ability to provide silicon-level analysis of microchips and embedded devices to test for vulnerabilities and potential vectors of attack in increasingly connected IoT (internet of things) environments.
In addition to the acquisition of Milestone Systems (now renamed Kudelski Security), the company has assembled a rich and growing ecosystem of strategic technology partners, including F5 Networks, Palo Alto Networks, CrowdStrike, and others to help clients address their most complex security challenges with best-of-breed solutions.
The company is also focused on making investments in internally developing next-generation technologies and expanded service capabilities to support enterprise clients across key markets in the U.S. and abroad. This will include forging new strategic partnerships, additional acquisitions and the extensive recruiting of the industry's best talent.
The following industry executives commented on the Kudelski Security strategy for serving market needs:
"Kudelski Security, through their international footprint, expansive cybersecurity expertise and exceptional reputation for innovation and customer commitment, will enhance the strong service excellence Milestone Systems established as an F5 Guardian Professional Services Partner. We look forward to working with Kudelski Security to expand opportunities for customers around the world to meet their enterprise IT security needs."
- David Helfer, vice president, worldwide channel, F5 Networks
Palo Alto Networks
"There are powerful synergies between Palo Alto Networks and Kudelski Security, most notably a strong commitment to securing organizations against cyber threats and protecting against business risk. With Milestone Systems now integrated into Kudelski Security, the company offers greater capabilities to deliver highly relevant and innovative cybersecurity solutions."
- Mark Anderson, executive vice president, worldwide field operations, Palo Alto Networks
"CrowdStrike and Kudelski Security share a reputation for market leadership and innovative approaches to solving the dynamic security challenges organizations face today. Kudelski Security is an important addition to our Elevate Partner Program and ecosystem, as together we're able to provide the comprehensive solutions and managed services that will not only help us meet market demand for next-generation endpoint protection and threat intelligence, but support client requirements as part of an integrated and fully scalable cybersecurity program."
- Scott Fuselier, vice president, worldwide sales and operations, CrowdStrike
"Something that is often missing in the solutions provider-client relationship is the development of a broad, long-term view of the client's security posture. We are happy to hear about the security blueprint approach that Kudelski has developed. We welcome them to the U.S. cybersecurity market – and are happy to have their U.S. headquarters in our backyard of Phoenix as well."
- Kevin Hickey, chief executive officer, BeyondTrust
About Kudelski Security
Kudelski Security is the premier advisor and cybersecurity innovator for today's most security-conscious organizations. Our long-term approach to client partnerships enables us to continuously evaluate their security posture to recommend solutions that reduce business risk, maintain compliance and increase overall security effectiveness. With clients that include Fortune 500 enterprises and government organizations in Europe and across the United States, we address the most complex environments through an unparalleled set of solution capabilities including advisory, technology, managed security services and custom innovation. For more information, visit www.kudelskisecurity.com.
Public Relations for Kudelski Security
LEWIS Global Communications
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/kudelski-security-expands-into-us-market-to-address-unmet-demand-for-advanced-cybersecurity-solutions-300307652.html
SOURCE Kudelski Security