LOS ANGELES, Nov. 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The Los Angeles Auto Show (LA Auto Show®) today announced that it has nearly doubled its number of participating companies in "GO," an all-new destination on the show floor dedicated to featuring the latest technology devices that embrace all forms of transportation and complement new and traditional vehicles. On display for media and industry professionals during AutoMobility LA™ (November 14-17) and open to the general public during the LA Auto Show (November 18-27), GO will be available for people to explore the next big things in mobility.
Located in the South Hall Atrium, GO features the latest smart mobility devices, rideables and technology. Whether it's electric scooters, bikes or mobility apps, GO is home to the coolest innovations in the technology and automotive industries.
GO will feature fun activities, demos and giveaways from exhibiting companies including:
- abc Mobility: Serving Southern California locally and online nationwide, abc Mobility sells and rents a wide range of mobility equipment both in retail stores and online. At GO, abc Mobility will offer demos of recreational mobility scooters, self-balancing units and more electric transporters. Its booth, located at the south and west entrance, will have different models including EV3, Q-Chair, Tri-Runner, Covered Wagon, Q-33, Q-Bike, Segway Mini, Q-Cruiser and the newest folding electric scooter with chair and luggage positioning (e-Foldi). These models will all be available for test drives. Those interested in purchasing any of the demo models as well as other units, can do so onsite and orders will be delivered with free shipping the week after the show.
- CycleBoard: With enhanced safety, a powerful electric motor and advanced lean-to-steer technology, CycleBoard is the world's most versatile stand-up electric vehicle. The company will display four custom CycleBoards and accompanying accessories for attendees to check out. CycleBoard will also have a test drive sign-up sheet to demo the new CycleBoard after the show.
- DYNABike™: DYNABike is invested heavily in the researching and developing of energy-conserving and environmentally-friendly electric vehicles. Celebrating EVs, DYNABike will feature three electric bikes and two new electric scooters made with a carbon fiber body.
- Ford: As Ford expands its business model to be both an automotive and mobility company, it is committed to changing the way the world moves. Visitors will be able to experience Ford's new mobility solutions, such as Ford GoBike – a bike share solution - and FordPass, a free smartphone app that serves as a one-stop shop for transportation needs.
- Just Ride LA: Homegrown in Los Angeles in 2008, Just Ride LA is a family-owned bicycle shop dedicated to serving Los Angeles' active cycling community. The shop will proudly showcase "Bicycles Then and Now," highlighting a mix of vintage and state-of-the-art bikes. Just Ride LA believes automobiles and bikes share the same love for the road ahead. Visitors can also swing by for the chance to win a bicycle.
- Metro: Metro is a transportation agency serving Los Angeles County. It serves as a transportation planner, coordinator, designer, builder and operator. Metro will display a transponder for attendees to touch and see. Additionally, Metro will have team member's onsite educating guests about the ExpressLanes, handing out bags, t-shirts and mini first aid kits.
- Navdy: Navdy will showcase the first augmented driving device that projects information directly in the driver's line of site, for an all-new driving experience. Navdy's breakthrough user-interface projects a transparent image on the road ahead, enables drivers to accept calls with the wave of a hand and a specially-engineered dial that lets drivers control their phone hands-free. For the first time, drivers can Look Forward© while Staying Connected© and enjoy seamless integration of their phone into the driving experience.
- Toyota: Toyota will showcase the Toyota i-Road, a new concept in urban mobility that combines the potential of both cars and motorbikes. With the convenience of a motorbike and the comfort of a car, the i-Road is easy to use and environmentally friendly.
- Yamaha: Yamaha will bring its PWseries e-Bike System and JWX-2 electric assist unit for wheelchairs to GO. The PWseries has a "triple sensor system" that enables an "organic assist feel" that has been part of Yamaha's development philosophy from the start. The JWX-2 applies the power assist system technology from Yamaha's electrical power assisted bicycle systems to wheelchairs, creating a power assist unit that adjusts the level of assistance based on the wheelchair hand rim input load.
"Adding this latest group of participants is a clear indication that GO is the destination for companies to showcase the most innovative devices and apps that help move us," said LA Auto Show and AutoMobility LA President Lisa Kaz. "As the auto and technology industries continue to blend, GO provides attendees with the opportunity to learn and experience all things mobility, whether it's e-bikes, scooters, skateboards or the apps and technology that take us from point A to point B."
Additional companies participating in GO include AutoGravity, Honda UNI-CUB, Juicer Bikes, Micro Kickboard, SKURT, Spira4u Co., URB-E and Uscooters.
For more information about GO and other additions to this year's LA Auto Show, or to purchase tickets, please visit LAAutoShow.com.
About the Los Angeles Auto Show and AutoMobility LA
Founded in 1907, the Los Angeles Auto Show (LA Auto Show®) is the first major North American auto show of the season each year. In 2016, the show's Press & Trade Days merged with the Connected Car Expo (CCE) to become AutoMobility LATM, the industry's first trade show converging the technology and automotive industries to launch new products and technologies and to discuss the most pressing issues surrounding the future of transportation and mobility. AutoMobility LA 2016 will take place at the Los Angeles Convention Center on Nov. 14-17, with manufacturer vehicle debuts intermixed. LA Auto Show will open to the public from Nov. 18-27. AutoMobility LA is where the new auto industry gets business done, unveils groundbreaking products and makes strategic announcements in front of media from around the globe. LA Auto Show is endorsed by the Greater L.A. New Car Dealer Association and is operated by ANSA Productions. To receive the latest show news and information, follow LA Auto Show on Twitter at twitter.com/LAAutoShow, Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/laautoshow/ or via Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/LAAutoShow and sign up for alerts at http://www.laautoshow.com/. For more information about AutoMobility LA, please visit http://www.automobilityla.com/.
AutoMobility LA™, Connected Car Expo®, LA Auto Show® and Los Angeles Auto Show™ are the exclusive property of ANSA Productions, Inc.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/la-auto-show-adds-e-bikes-electric-scooters-and-augmented-driving-device-as-part-of-its-new-go-destination-300354527.html
SOURCE Los Angeles Auto Show