PARSIPPANY, N.J., Aug. 31, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The late summer season marks the most popular time of year to give birth, which means thousands of men and women will soon be anointed as new parents. With every new birth announcement comes a mixture of unmatched joy and, inevitably, lots of questions for parenting novices learning on the job as they go. To take the "labor" out of Labor Day, Boudreaux's Butt Paste, a leading diaper rash authority, has tapped Brand Ambassador and parenting expert, Amanda Mushro, to provide must-have hacks for new parents taking home their little ones.
In the brand's recent survey of millennial moms and dads, respondents sounded off on hot parenting topics sure to be on the minds of new moms and dads everywhere this season – from how to get things done around the house with a little one to needing a solution to diaper rash. Boudreaux's Butt Paste ambassador Amanda Mushro, author of the Questionable Choices in Parenting blog and frequent TODAY show guest for her genius parenting hacks, responds to these stats with tips and tricks to help with the baby boom.
Kick Some Rash!
Millennial parents need answers when it comes to a dreaded diaper changing woe…82% wish they had more tricks up their sleeve to prevent diaper rash.
- Helpful Hacks:
- Although summer is coming to a close, humidity, high temperatures and frequent dips in the water for many across the country still make it a primetime for diaper rash. Try to prevent diaper rash before it even starts by changing your little one out of his or her swim diaper right away, making sure to let them air dry before putting a new diaper on.
- The one surefire way to treat and prevent diaper rash is keeping moisture away from the skin, that's why new parents should invest in a diaper rash cream that provides a thick moisture barrier, like Boudreaux's Butt Paste!
- Changing the baby on the go and want to avoid the usually germ-infested public changing table? Try the reclining position of your stroller or the backseat or trunk space of your car for a quick fix diaper change.
HELP! Both moms and dads get an average of eight texts or calls when their significant other is home alone with their child. Sometimes you just need your partner in crime!
- Helpful Hacks:
- If the parent on duty is feeling a little nervous about the alone time, line up some extra help in the form of a play date, or even a family member to stop by for a little extra support.
- Many "HELP" calls come from parents not knowing where something is while the other is gone. To cut back on searching, use an over the door shoe organizer to arrange everything you need for a diaper change, bath time and more all in one place. Before your partner leaves home, go over the organizer together to make sure everything is accounted for.
No Judgment Zone
When it comes to getting a free minute of time to tend to some household tasks, parents admitted to taking some shortcuts! To get the job done, parents said they've set their child up in front of the TV or a device (65%), put their child to bed before their bedtime (61%) and let their child stay up past their bedtime (57%).
- Helpful Hacks:
- Sometimes you have to get creative to get things done with your baby. If you're headed to the grocery store, leave foldable laundry baskets in your car to easily carry all of your groceries or bags inside the house in one trip.
- If the floor of your vehicle looks like a buffet of snacks, dirt and things you're not too sure about, you're not alone! For quick and easy clean up, line the floor of your car with long rag rugs from the dollar store. The ridges help catch all the crumbs and falling debris and cut down on vacuuming. You can even use blue painter's tape or double stick tape to secure the rugs to the floor. When you're ready to clean, shake the rugs out, throw them in the laundry and smile because this hack is saving your sanity!
To find out more about Boudreaux's Butt Paste products for helping to treat and prevent diaper rash, visit www.buttpaste.com.
The Boudreaux's Butt Paste Survey was conducted by Wakefield Research (www.wakefieldresearch.com) among 1,004 U.S. parents, ages 18-34, between April 5th and 13th, 2016, using an email invitation and an online survey.
Results of any sample are subject to sampling variation. The magnitude of the variation is measurable and is affected by the number of interviews and the level of the percentages expressing the results. For the interviews conducted in this particular study, the chances are 95 in 100 that a survey result does not vary, plus or minus, by more than 3.1 percentage points from the result that would be obtained if interviews had been conducted with all persons in the universe represented by the sample.
About Boudreaux's Butt Paste:
Formulated by pharmacist and father of four, George Boudreaux, Boudreaux's Butt Paste is a home grown product born from the need for an effective and safe solution to eliminate diaper rash. Created specifically for parents who don't want to settle for anything less than the best, it uses a combination of efficacious ingredients to be fast acting on diaper rash without being harsh on a baby's skin. The brand was bought by Fleet Laboratories in 2011 with a renewed commitment to continuing George Boudreaux's promise and desire to provide products that meet and exceed parents' expectations for baby care.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/labor-day-baby-boom-300320268.html
SOURCE Boudreaux’s Butt Paste