NEW YORK, March 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking has hired Mark Landis to head its Fixed Income and Currencies Sales for the Americas. In the coming months, Mr. Landis will become responsible for expanding and managing the firm's client relationships in the region for products spanning interest rate, credit, foreign exchange and securitized products.
He will be based in New York and report to Vincent Bonamy, Head of Fixed Income and Currencies for the Americas, and to David Knott, Global Head of Fixed Income and Currencies Sales.
This key addition comes following the build-up over the last year of SG CIB's U.S. fixed income platform which included creating a U.S. dollar High Grade Credit capability, expanding its U.S. foreign exchange and rates businesses and being selected as a Primary Dealer by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
Francois Barthelemy, Head of Global Markets for the Americas, said: "Mark's stature within the fixed income world reflects our serious ambitions in this area and our determination to further strengthen our customer focus. His experience across a wide range of products and his seasoned solutions-driven approach with clients will be important additions for us as we develop our global client coverage model for fixed income and currencies."
Mr. Landis joins SG CIB from Panda Global Advisors where he was a Founding Partner and Global Head of Business Development. Mr. Landis has over 25 years of experience in the financial industry, encompassing senior management roles on both the buy and the sell side.
Prior to Panda Global Advisors, Mr. Landis was the Global Head of Marketing and Investor Relations at Touradji Capital Management, a commodity focused hedge fund.
Mr. Landis spent 15 years at CSFB in its Fixed Income division, the last 5 of which as head of Global Sales, Research and Marketing for all Fixed Income and Commodity Instruments. In addition, he was a Managing Director and a member of CSFB's Operating Committee, Fixed Income Operating Committee and the IT Committee. From 1990 to 1999, he was the producing Head of Interest Rate Sales.
Following his time at CSFB and prior to joining Touradji Capital, Mr. Landis was the co-founder of the RBS Greenwich Capital Credit group where he headed the US Credit Products Business and headed Credit Sales, Research and Trading for all High Yield, High Grade and structured securities and derivatives.
Mr. Landis started his career on Citibank's International Fixed Income Sales desk where he focused on Canadian clients. Mr. Landis graduated with a B.S. in Computer Science and Economics from Union College.
Societe Generale is one of the largest financial services groups in the euro-zone. The Group employs 157,000 people worldwide in three key businesses:
- Retail Banking, Specialized Financing & Insurance: Societe Generale serves more than 32 million individual customers worldwide.
- Private Banking, Global Investment Management & Services: Societe Generale is one of the largest banks in the euro-zone in terms of assets under custody (EUR 3,073 billion, December 2009) and under management (EUR 344 billion, December 2009).
- Corporate & Investment Banking: Societe Generale tailors solutions for its clients across sectors by capitalizing on its worldwide expertise in investment banking, global finance, and global markets.
Societe Generale is included in the socially-responsible investment indexes: FTSE4Good and ASPI. In 2010, the title of SAM Sector Mover was awarded to Societe Generale.
Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking
At the core of Societe Generale's universal banking business model, the Corporate & Investment Bank is a well-diversified and leading player with nearly 11,000 professionals present in 33 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia-Pacific.
Standing by its clients across sectors, the Corporate & Investment Bank tailors solutions for them by capitalising on its worldwide expertise in investment banking, global finance, and global markets.
- For Corporates, Financial Institutions and public sector: providing a global advisory approach (M&A, debt, equity transaction, capital structure, and asset & liability management), as well as quality capital raising solutions across the debt and equity spectrum, optimised financing and expert risk management responses notably in the realm of foreign exchange and rates derivatives.
- For investors: offering reliable and sound investment opportunities and risk management solutions through its integrated global markets platform delivering seamless access to markets (equity, rates, credit, currencies, commodities and derivatives), as well as advice and solid financial engineering, quality of execution and forward-looking research across asset classes.
SOURCE Societe Generale