LAS VEGAS, Dec. 3, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Crystals at CityCenter, the exquisite shopping, dining and entertainment experience on the Las Vegas Strip, is upping the ante on holiday shopping this season with incredible decor, live music and the opening of eight coveted luxury fashion boutiques. Prada, Gucci, Yves Saint Laurent, Balenciaga, Stella McCartney, Donna Karan, Emilio Pucci and Harry Winston are opening in time to celebrate the holidays, offering unrivaled collections and many items exclusive to Crystals.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/mgm/47564/
Extravagant decorations, designed specifically for Crystals' unique space, start with a stunning field of stylized red-and-silver candy twists suspended from Crystals' Daniel Libeskind-designed crystalline ceiling. The undulating chandelier-like formations flow in whimsical groupings throughout the retail district. Anchoring the space, Crystals' flower carpet flourishes with vibrant poinsettias and colossal rose-covered holiday ornaments. On Crystals' second level, unique architectural hanging garden trees are adorned with animated LED lights to simulate 'falling snow' as they brighten the retail corridor in a contemporary tree-lighting.
Elevating the holiday ambiance, Crystals features live musical entertainment four days a week from noon to 5 p.m. through December 23. Sounds from a rockin' string quartet and a vivacious choir fill Crystals with the sounds of the holidays.
- Phat Strad – The stunning entertainers are an international cast of classically trained, beautiful women playing futuristic electronic instruments with an industrial strength techno groove. Their dynamic performances mix their contemporary sound with the classics of the holidays. Performances: Thursday and Friday noon to 5 p.m.
- Holiday Choral Quartet – Beginning December 4, Crystals shoppers will be charmed by the sounds of a vibrant choral quartet joined by talented Las Vegas youth to infuse the shopping atmosphere with the holiday spirit. The performers will interact with audiences as they sing traditional holiday carols with a twist. Performances: Saturday and Sunday; noon to 5 p.m. at the top of the hour for 15 minutes.
Joining Crystals’ stellar lineup of 34 designer and high-fashion boutiques including North America’s largest Louis Vuitton, a brilliant two-level Tiffany & Co., and outposts from TOM FORD and Lanvin are eight renowned luxury retailers:
- Prada – Sophisticated and trendsetting, Prada infuses its history of craftsmanship and uncompromised quality with constant innovation. Its three-level, 21,000-square-foot flagship Crystals location carries the complete Prada men's and women's collections of ready-to-wear and footwear as well as a series of limited-edition bags and playful accessories dedicated to Las Vegas.
- Gucci – The new flagship location expresses a modern glamour that ushers in the label's new design era while continuing its legacy of unparalleled shopping. The 11,000-square-foot store boasts a new design conceived by Gucci's Creative Director Frida Giannini. To celebrate the opening, Giannini has created an exclusive Crystals sneaker with a unique combination of precious skins – python, ostrich and crocodile – in a palette of green, yellow, brown and white.
- Yves Saint Laurent – Founded in 1961, Yves Saint Laurent one of the great fashion names of the 20th century, has opened its largest Las Vegas boutique at Crystals. The 4,000-square-foot store houses women's and men's ready-to-wear and accessories collections.
- Balenciaga – Celebrating its first Las Vegas location, the House of Balenciaga creates women's and men's ready-to-wear, shoes and accessories, sold worldwide. The brand occupies 4,100 square feet at Crystals.
- Emilio Pucci – Founded in 1947 by the Marquis Emilio Pucci, a dashing Florentine aristocrat crowned "The Prince of Prints" by the international fashion press, the maison is renowned for trailblazing vision and a love affair with Italian craftsmanship, luxury, color and design. The 1,849-square-foot Crystals boutique is a showcase for the World of Pucci – ready-to-wear, handbags, shoes, eyewear, perfume and much more – set in a modern, luxurious setting with design elements evoking the brand's Renaissance-era headquarters in Florence.
- Donna Karan (opening mid-December) – Celebrating its 25th anniversary, Donna Karan embodies all that is urban, sophisticated and luxurious. Its first Las Vegas store will span 3,000 square feet and house the complete Donna Karan head-to-toe, 7-Easy-Pieces lifestyle of ready-to wear, cashmere, evening, accessories, shoes, intimates, hosiery and fragrances.
- Harry Winston (opening mid-December) – When it comes to Hollywood's glamour and scintillating style, nothing sparkles like a Harry Winston diamond. For more than six decades, Winston diamonds have been an integral part of Hollywood's glamorous history. Located on the second level, Harry Winston's Crystals location will span 1,800 square feet.
- Stella McCartney (opening late-December) – British designer Stella McCartney is known for her signature feminine, sexy and modern designs. Her Crystals location will carry the Stella McCartney ready-to-wear, shoe, bag, sunglass, fragrance, lingerie and Adidas collections.
After the shopping is said and done, or to take a well-deserved break between shopping marathons, the restaurants at Crystals offer a wide array of dining and lounge options. Guests will have the enviable task of choosing from Eva Longoria’s Latin approach to classic steakhouse cuisine at Beso; Mastro’s Ocean Club’s exquisite seafood in the awe-inspiring, second-floor Treehouse dining room; pan-Asian cuisine and sushi at locals’ favorite Social House; Wolfgang Puck’s signature pizzas, homemade pastas and rustic Italian favorites at Wolfgang Puck Pizzeria & Cucina; American comfort foods and creative delicacies at Todd English’s P.U.B. or quick bites and energy-infusing coffee from The Pods by Wolfgang Puck or The Cup.
CityCenter is an unprecedented urban metropolis on 67 acres between Bellagio and Monte Carlo resorts on the Las Vegas Strip. CityCenter is a joint venture between MGM Resorts International (NYSE :MGM ) and Infinity World Development Corp, a subsidiary of Dubai World. CityCenter features ARIA, a 61-story, 4,004-room gaming resort; luxury non-gaming hotels including Las Vegas' first Mandarin Oriental and Vdara Hotel & Spa; Veer Towers, the development's only strictly residential buildings; and Crystals, a 500,000-square-foot retail and entertainment district. CityCenter also features a resident Cirque du Soleil production celebrating the timeless musical legacy of Elvis Presley; and an unparalleled Fine Art Collection with works by acclaimed artists including Maya Lin, Jenny Holzer, Nancy Rubins, Claes Oldenburg and Coosje van Bruggen, among others. CityCenter is a design collaboration between MGM Resorts International and internationally acclaimed architectural firms including Pelli Clarke Pelli, Kohn Pedersen Fox, Helmut Jahn, RV Architecture LLC led by Rafael Vinoly, Studio Daniel Libeskind*, David Rockwell and Rockwell Group, and Gensler. At the forefront of sustainability, CityCenter is one of the world's largest green developments. ARIA, Vdara, Crystals, Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas and Veer Towers all have received LEED® Gold certification by the U.S. Green Building Council. This marks the highest LEED achievement for any hotel, retail district or residential development in Las Vegas. For more information about CityCenter, please visit www.citycenter.com.
*Consultant to AAI Architects, Inc.