WABAN, Mass., Feb. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Based on two newly published studies, Temkin Group finds that 46% of companies plan to hire additional staff for their customer experience efforts in 2013 while only 5% expect a decline in their customer experience staffing levels. This represents an increase from last year, when similar research showed that 40% of companies were planning to hire more customer experience professionals.
When it comes to spending on vendors associated with customer experience, the research shows that text analytics has the largest positive momentum. Thirty percent of respondents from companies with at least $500 million in annual revenues plan to increase spending on text analytics compared with only 4% that expect to decrease spending in that area. Next on the list with positive spending momentum is voice of the customer software.
Temkin Group, a leading market research and consulting firm, announces the results from two new research reports: "The State of the CX Profession, 2013" and "Data Snapshot: Customer Experience Expectations and Plans for 2013."
"Our research shows that companies are increasing their investments on the capabilities and tools to create better customer experience," states Bruce Temkin, author of the reports and Managing Partner of Temkin Group.
Here are some additional findings from "The State of the CX Profession, 2013" that is based on a survey of 283 customer experience professionals:
- Fifty-four percent of customer experience professionals expect their company to spend more on customer experience in 2013 than it did in 2012, compared with 53% last year.
- Ninety-eight percent of customer experience professionals think they are in a great profession.
- Thirty-eight percent of customer experience professionals are likely to look for a new job outside their company, which is down from 41% last year.
- Customer experience executives see networking as their top professional development goal.
- Customer experience non-executives see training as their top professional development goal.
Here are some additional findings from "Data Snapshot: Customer Experience Expectations and Plans for 2013" that is based on a survey of 178 companies with annual revenues of $500 million or more:
- Fifty-three percent of large companies have the goal to deliver the best customer experience in their industry within three years.
- Seventy-seven percent of large companies plan to spend more on customer experience in 2013 than they did in 2012.
- Over half of large companies have at least six full-time customer experience professionals.
- Sixty-four percent of large companies think that their phone agent experiences are good or excellent, but only 18% feel that way about their cross-channel experiences and 27% feel that way about their mobile experiences.
- Seventy-eight percent of large companies plan to put more effort on their web experience in 2013 and 68% plan to focus more on their mobile experience.
"The State of the CX Profession, 2013" and "Data Snapshot: Customer Experience Expectations and Plans for 2013" can be downloaded from the Customer Experience Matters blog, at ExperienceMatters.wordpress.com as well as from the Temkin Group website, www.TemkinGroup.com.
About Temkin Group: Temkin Group is a leading customer experience research and consulting firm with one simple goal for its clients: increase customer loyalty by becoming more customer‐centric. The company combines customer experience thought leadership with a deep understanding of the dynamics of large organizations to help senior executives accelerate their results. For more information, contact Bruce Temkin at 617-916-2075 or send an email to [email protected].
About Bruce Temkin: Bruce Temkin is widely recognized as a customer experience thought leader and is Customer Experience Transformist and Managing Partner of Temkin Group. He is also the author of a very popular blog, Customer Experience Matters® (ExperienceMatters.wordpress.com). Prior to forming Temkin Group, he was a VP at Forrester Research for 12 years. Bruce is a highly demanded speaker who consistently receives high marks for his content-rich, entertaining keynote addresses. He is also the co-founder and Chair of the Customer Experience Professionals Association (CXPA.org), a global non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of customer experience management.
This press release was issued through eReleases® Press Release Distribution. For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.
SOURCE Temkin Group