TORONTO, Feb. 15 /PRNewswire/ - Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP has scored a coup with the recent announcement that internationally-recognized corporate and structured finance lawyer Martin Fingerhut has joined the firm and will play a leadership role in the firm's global strategy.
His distinguished career has spanned more than 40 years, during which time he has represented numerous U.S., European and Asian businesses and their Canadian subsidiaries with respect to their Canadian operations.
Martin's list of accomplishments is extensive, including:
- Chair of the American Bar Association's Business Finance Committee
- Member of the Expert Advisory Group to UNCITRAL with respect to the Convention on the Assignment of Receivables in International Trade
- Founding Chair of the American Bar Association's Securitization and Derivatives Subcommittee
- President (2010-2011) of the American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers
- An Executive Director of the Association of Commercial Finance Attorneys
- Vice-Chair of the International Bar Association's Securitization Subcommittee
- Incoming Chair (August 2011) of the American Bar Association's Securitization and Structured Finance Committee
- To be listed as one of the world's top 25 structured finance and securitization lawyers in the upcoming 2011 Best of the Best Expert Guide
- Ranked in Chambers Global: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business, Lexpert / American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada and Best Lawyers in Canada
- Executive Committee Member, Treasurer and Director of Special Olympics Canada.
Martin's industry-leading expertise, broad cross-border experience and innovative thought leadership will complement the firm's existing practice and provide an exceptional platform for pursuing strategic opportunities in the corporate and financial sectors.
"The lawyers at Cassels Brock are highly talented and the firm has been extremely effective at leveraging its capabilities to serve clients in Canada and abroad," noted Mr. Fingerhut. "I think it's a progressive platform, and I'm excited about our future plans."
About Cassels Brock
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP (www.casselsbrock.com) is a full-service business law firm with more than 200 lawyers working in its Toronto office. The firm provides legal advice to a range of clients including multinational corporations, entrepreneurial enterprises and government entities.
SOURCE Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP