LONDON, Oct. 14, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Good Technology™, the leader in secure mobility, today announced that nine partners have integrated their multi-factor authentication offerings into the Good Trusted Authentication Framework (TAF). Doing so allows plug-and-play implementation of innovative authentication methods for applications built on the Good Dynamics® Secure Mobility Platform, allowing IT to choose stronger and simpler user experiences for access protection than traditional alphanumeric passwords.
Many security-conscious organizations are struggling to extend their traditional multi-factor solutions to mobile. For multi-factor companies, integrating with new mobile devices can be a challenge, as there is no easy method for them to integrate with mobile operating systems. This means vendors must integrate at the application level, but the sandboxing model of mobile OS platforms means a custom integration is required between each app vendor and each authentication vendor.
The Good Trusted Authentication Framework acts as an abstraction layer between identity middleware and the multi-factor company, enabling a "write once, support many" value proposition. With the ecosystem of Good TAF partners, IT gains the flexibility to implement a wide variety of multi-factor authenticators adding an extra layer of security to corporate apps and data while keeping the user experience simple and effective.
"Authentication is the first line of defense for any secure application and Good allows organizations to fortify this with multiple layers to ensure the strongest possible level of protection," said Nicko van Someren, CTO of Good Technology. "Authentication is also key to the initial User Experience, so it's critical that any additional layer of security is as seamless as possible. Our Trusted Authentication Framework simplifies customers' deployments of second-factor authentication and provides multiple solutions from our ecosystem of partners and developers."
Leading authentication vendors have integrated their multi-factor solutions into the Good TAF, enabling strong authentication support for all Good-secured applications on iOS and Android. Once authenticated into a Good-secure app, IT can also enable access across the entire Good app ecosystem without the user having to re-authenticate, making the experience seamless. This also includes Single Sign On (SSO) to enterprise applications.
Joining the ecosystem of previously announced Good Trusted Authenticator partners are:
- Apply Mobile
- iDENtear for Good provides contact-less multi-factor authentication via the iDENtear hardware device which integrates with Good Dynamics to secure access to any Good-secured apps.
- iDENtear provides real two-factor authentication based on something the user has (the iDENtear FIPS 140-2 Level 3 device) and something he or she knows (e.g. password or PIN).
- The iDENtear hardware acts as a One Time Password (OTP) device as well as a Smartcard and Key Store.
- PassWear for Good enables the use of a Pebble watch to authenticate Good-secured apps.
- A unique challenge is sent via Bluetooth to the wearable, which responds by displaying a unique (1-time SHA512 key) QR code.
- PassWear for Good launches the camera on the device and takes a photo of the QR code on the wearable and user is logged in. No typing required.
- MobileCrypt for Good enables multi-factor authentication for Good apps by using a secure microSD card and a user-entered 4-16 digit PIN code.
- MobileCrypt for Good supports the Good Trusted Authentication Framework, bringing hardware level security by generating and storing the Good app encryption keys in a FIPS 140-2 Level 3 and Common Criteria EAL5+ certified microSD hardware security module.
- All Good Apps can leverage the security of MobileCrypt hardware to act as an Authentication Delegate to help safe-guard credentials and not require complex passwords.
- PKard for Good provides easy access to digital identities, supported Smart cards including CAC, PIV and other identity form factors with an external USB card reader accessory.
- Once a user credential is imported or attached to PKard for Good, he or she can use PKard Browser for Good to securely browse with mutual authentication, as well as any other applications that support the GD PKI service for signing or decrypting data.
For more information about Good Trusted Authenticator partners, visit the Good Marketplace.
About Good Technology
Good Technology is the leader in secure mobility, delivering solutions across all stages of the mobility lifecycle for enterprises and governments worldwide. Good offers a comprehensive, end-to-end solutions portfolio, consisting of a suite of collaboration applications, a secure mobility platform, mobile device management, unified monitoring, management and analytics, and a third-party application and partner ecosystem. More than 6,200 organizations in 189 countries use Good Technology, including 100% of the FORTUNE® 100 commercial banks and aerospace and defense firms as well as leaders across healthcare, manufacturing and retail. Learn more at www.good.com.
Statements concerning industry growth, future prospects, business outlook, and product availability and plans are forward looking statements that involve a number of uncertainties and risks. This information is intended to outline our general product direction and it should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. It is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and the development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at Good's sole discretion.
©2015 Good Technology Corporation and its related entities. All use is subject to license terms posted at www.good.com/legal. All rights reserved. GOOD, GOOD TECHNOLOGY, the GOOD logo, GOOD FOR ENTERPRISE, GOOD FOR GOVERNMENT, GOOD FOR YOU, GOOD DYNAMICS, SECURED BY GOOD, GOOD MOBILE MANAGER, GOOD CONNECT, GOOD SHARE, GOOD TRUST, GOOD VAULT, and GOOD DYNAMICS APPKINETICS are trademarks of Good Technology Corporation and its related entities. All third-party trademarks, trade names, or service marks may be claimed as the property of their respective owners. Good's technology and products are protected by issued and pending U.S. and foreign patents.
SOURCE Good Technology