ORLANDO, Fla., May 17, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- SAP SE (NYSE: SAP) today announced that seven of the world's leading companies recently selected industry-specific solutions from SAP to run live and become model digital enterprises. SAP® technology will serve as the core enabler for these new customers, helping them translate their digital strategy into solutions that are contextually aware and capable of operating in real time. This announcement was made at the 28th annual SAPPHIRE® NOW conference.
The industry-tailored applications and services will be provided by the Industry Cloud unit at SAP. It leads the effort to accelerate its customers' business transformation by building clear use cases of how a customer, regardless of industry or line of business, can achieve success at unprecedented speed and scale. At SAPPHIRE NOW, SAP recognized these new and existing customers for their commitment to change.
The following companies bank on industry expertise of SAP to drive business transformation and run live:
- International insurance group Ageas worked with SAP to implement the industry's first integrated, end-to-end enterprise software in the cloud, deployed by a single software vendor for a new joint-venture start up in Asia. In just five months the solution was live. Ageas expects cost advantages from a reduced IT organization and a significantly shorter time to market when compared to traditional, disparate systems. The integrated set of SAP solutions also gives Ageas the much-needed agility to penetrate potential new markets in Asia.
- City of Toronto, the fourth largest city in North America, plans to reach the goals of its eCity Digital Business plan through the use of the SAP HANA® platform and the SAP solution road map. By using technology to connect all aspects of the city to address its business needs, Toronto will be better able to plan for the needs of tomorrow's citizens. In addition, as part of the eCity modernization initiative, Toronto plans to use cloud technology, enabled by SAP Ariba® solutions, to manage citywide purchases with internal customers and external vendors. Streamlining these processes will result in an estimated savings of CAD 36 million over five years (2 percent for every CAD 1 billion the City spends).
- Memebox Inc., a beauty e-commerce company, is using the SAP S/4HANA Finance solution in the cloud to provide business transparency for finance and logistics operations, allowing it to scale flexibility on a single platform as it expands globally. With SAP S/4HANA Finance, Memebox has real-time visibility into its inventory information and operations, resulting in shorter delivery lead times for customers and a significant increase in sales productivity with on-the-go data access. SAP S/4HANA Finance also helped Memebox lower its total cost of ownership while accelerating growth.
- Snohomish County Public Utility District (PUD), the twelfth largest public power utility in the United States, worked with SAP to become the first utilities company to run its entire enterprise on the SAP HANA platform, establishing a foundation for its current and future needs. Snohomish County PUD also established an online employee self-service for anywhere, anytime access. Based on SAP SuccessFactors® solutions, it will help attract the next generation's workforce.
- O.C. Tanner, an SAP customer for nearly 20 years, chose to move to SAP S/4HANA to help simplify, innovate and accelerate its digital business strategy as well as its international expansion. With SAP S/4HANA, O.C. Tanner can expand sales beyond its core business by identifying new ways to differentiate itself from competitors. Additionally, SAP S/4HANA helps it improve customer service with timely and accurate order management and fulfillment.
- Faurecia, one of the world's largest automotive equipment manufacturers, recently launched a digital enterprise initiative with SAP as long-term partner. The use of SAP technology enables Faurecia to achieve its strategic priorities faster and with more efficiency, thus creating tangible business value and increasing operating income. Faurecia implemented the SAP Manufacturing Execution application, the SAP Hybris® Cloud for Sales solution, SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite and analytics solutions from SAP. As a result, Faurecia has also readied itself for Industry 4.0.
- Aché Laboratórios is one of the most important Brazilian pharmaceutical groups. To create a sustainable growth strategy rooted in technology, the company worked with SAP to simplify and align current operations and transform the business into a digital organization. In just four short months, Aché was able to transition its entire IT platform to an environment based on the SAP HANA platform, which allows it to implement new technologies, like SAP S/4HANA, with no additional maintenance or architecture required. Aché is now continuously transforming itself, staying up-to-date on the latest technologies and always delivering the best possible experience to its customers.
"Truly disruptive technology projects used to take years to complete. In today's digital world, we're now able to create tremendous change in months and it's seamless for our customers," said Pat Bakey, president of Industry Cloud, SAP. "The Industry Cloud unit brings specific industry expertise to each customer engagement, and also has access to all of SAP technology and a vast partner network. This is a powerful combination that allows us to operate at the speed and scale our customers need to succeed."
The Industry Cloud unit at SAP was launched in 2014 with the goal of using cloud and on-premise technologies to address the specialized needs of each industry and company. SAP's historical strength in end-to-end, customer-centric and industry-based approaches is core to its strategy. Since the inception of the Industry Cloud unit, SAP has been working closely with customers and partners to co-innovate, create new features and take lessons learned from one industry to another. It's this unique, cross-industry expertise that makes SAP the partner of choice for global companies.
At SAPPHIRE NOW, SAP is hosting a customer roundtable that features Skullcandy Inc., Snohomish County PUD and Ageas on the topic "Accelerating Business Transformation." The panel takes place Tuesday, May 17, 2016, from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. EDT at the Media & Analyst Center.
SAPPHIRE NOW, May 17-19, 2016, Orlando, Florida, USA
SAPPHIRE NOW offers customers, partners and prospects even more opportunities to engage in dialog with peers, participants and thought leaders around the globe. Being held in Orlando, Florida, May 17–19, 2016, this real-time event connects attendees on site with global participants through state-of-the-art broadcast studios and an online experience that incorporates the latest social media and community functionality. Whether on site or online, participants can gain insight into how SAP delivers on its strategy and helps organizations around the world Run Simple. Follow the event on Twitter at @SAPPHIRENOW.
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP (NYSE: SAP) helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable approximately 310,000 business and public sector customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably. For more information, visit www.sap.com.
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as "anticipate," "believe," "estimate," "expect," "forecast," "intend," "may," "plan," "project," "predict," "should" and "will" and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. The factors that could affect SAP's future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), including SAP's most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.
© 2016 SAP SE. All rights reserved.
SAP and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE in Germany and other countries. Please see http://www.sap.com/corporate-en/legal/copyright/index.epx#trademark for additional trademark information and notices.
For customers interested in learning more about SAP products:
Global Customer Center: +49 180 534-34-24
United States Only: 1 (800) 872-1SAP (1-800-872-1727)
For more information, press only:
Birgit Dolny, SAP,+49 (6227) 7-61664, firstname.lastname@example.org, CET
Hilmar Schepp, SAP, +49 6227 746799, email@example.com, CET
Stacy Ries, SAP, +1 (484) 619-0411, firstname.lastname@example.org, EDT
SAP News Center press room; email@example.com
Jill Fisk, FleishmanHillard, +1 (617) 692-0529, firstname.lastname@example.org, EDT
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/leading-companies-trust-sap-to-transform-their-businesses-and-run-live-300269687.html
SOURCE SAP SE