NEW YORK, Dec. 16, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Over the last half-decade, database technologies, increased bandwidth, Internet-as-a-Service offerings, automation tools and application frameworks have evolved to enable the "distributed application." What has not kept pace are the tools for getting traffic to distributed application endpoints. Today NS1, the intelligent DNS and traffic management company, revealed its 2016 Trends and Predictions with a focus on the need for a convergence of fractured DNS solutions to produce resilient, high-performance solutions for today's distributed environments.
- Infrastructure startups will be structured around a data-driven approach – Data is playing a vital role in how businesses make decisions and how applications are powered. Infrastructure startups are turning to advanced telemetry from applications and endpoints to better serve users based on real-time metrics.
- The notion that DNS is a commodity will die – Contrary to popular belief, DNS is no longer a commodity. Today's online properties are complex and require DNS and traffic management solutions that are equally robust.
- More companies will outsource DNS – To address security and reliability concerns that are prevalent in traditional DNS solutions, more companies will adopt management and private DNS offerings. This strategy will provide their applications with dedicated delivery networks, ensuring fast response times and an always-on environment.
- With the surge in mobile and IoT devices, intelligent DNS will play a major role in application performance – Although it's not commonly talked about, indiscriminately routing users to the nearest datacenter doesn't guarantee a quality experience. A binary approach to monitoring application endpoints — deciding that a server is either up or down with no in between — is also antiquated. Companies will look to data from their endpoints and applications to make traffic routing decisions that address the growth in devices and proliferation of complex, distributed applications.
- DNS will be leveraged as a key component of application strategy – The Internet is vulnerable, and businesses will no longer be able to overlook the need for resiliency at every layer of the network stack. Without the proper backup and disaster recovery strategies in place, companies are at risk of outages. Application developers, security professionals and operations teams are now looking to build infrastructure that touts resiliency. DNS will be leveraged as a key component of a resilient application strategy and, ultimately, a more reliable Internet.
Kris Beevers, co-founder and CEO, NS1 said: "Web application architectures have become more advanced and, in turn, Internet infrastructure must provide a distributed environment. Traditional DNS technologies have not evolved to accommodate these new demands and are fractured and rudimentary, with providers and tools that span every individual use case. The NS1 platform was purpose-built to deliver the capabilities and speed that improve application performance. Through dynamic routing, deep data feed integrations and a fully managed, full-featured dedicated DNS network, our solution is poised to disrupt legacy offerings as well as open the door to a new era of traffic management, application performance and orchestration at the extreme edge of the Internet."
NS1's intelligent DNS and traffic management platform, with its data driven architecture and unique Filter Chain routing engine, is purpose-built for the most demanding, mission-critical applications on the Internet. NS1's comprehensive platform technology leverages infrastructure, application, and network data to make intelligent routing decisions in real time, ensuring optimal application performance and reliability. NS1's platform is delivered through its world class Managed DNS Network for customers including Imgur, MaxCDN, Collective Media, OneLogin and many more.
Nadel Phelan, Inc.