GREENVILLE, Pa., Aug. 10, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Werner, the global leader in the manufacturing of ladders with a full portfolio of climbing equipment, introduces the LEANSAFE™ Ladder, a step ladder that can safely be leaned against walls, corners, studs or a pole. Per OSHA regulations, traditional step ladders should never be leaned directly against a vertical surface because they are designed to be exclusively self-supporting. However, Werner's new LEANSAFE™ Ladder introduces new innovative features allowing it to be leaned against a variety of surfaces while retaining its functionality as a traditional step ladder.
"Werner is incredibly committed to safety, and that means we are willing to find solutions through product design to ensure users are protected," said Chris Filardi, Vice President of Marketing for WernerCo. "We've seen too many times that a user will over-reach and put themselves in dangerous situations to get the job done. The new LEANSAFE™ Ladder is a practical and innovative way to curb common bad behaviors like leaning traditional step ladders against walls."
Standard features on the Werner LEANSAFE™ Ladder include a Type 1A Duty Rating and a load capacity of up to 300 pounds. It is constructed of seven-layer fiberglass, making it safe to use when working around electricity. The new LEANSAFE™ Ladder is both a standard step ladder and leaning ladder all-in-one. Additional safety features found in Werner's new LEANSAFE™ Ladder include:
- Patent-Pending LEANSAFE™ Ladder Top – exclusive new design features non-marring rubber bumper pads, a magnet for holding metal tools and bits, power drill and hand-tool holes and a cut-away pattern that leans securely on corners, poles, studs and walls.
- Dropped Rail Pivot Point – the support rails are attached and hinged below the ladder's top platform, placing the user closer to their vertical work surface.
- Patent-Pending Secure Rail Latch – this new feature holds the rear ladder rails locked in place, while allowing for single-hand opening from the front or side of the ladder.
- Non-marring Foot Pad – ladder feet feature non-marring, curved rubber pads that maximize contact with the ground in both standard and leaning modes.
- EDGE360® Bracing – helps protect the rail from damage.
The new Werner LEANSAFE™ Ladder is both OSHA and ANSI compliant and is available in a variety of sizes ranging from 4 feet to 12 feet in height. These ladders are now available online and in stores. For more information, please visit www.wernerco.com/leansafe.
WERNER, a WernerCo brand, is the world leader in ladders and has a complete line of climbing products designed for working at heights. The portfolio includes ladders, attic ladders, scaffolding, pump jacks, stages, planks, step stools, accessories and fall protection equipment including harnesses, lanyards, anchors and compliance kits. From ladders to fall protection, WERNER provides a full line of climbing equipment that is engineered to give you maximum safety, durability and productivity at every height. All WERNER products meet or exceed applicable international safety standards. For more information, visit http://us.wernerco.com.
WernerCo is a privately owned, fully-integrated, international manufacturer and distributor of climbing products, fall protection equipment and jobsite, truck and van storage equipment. WernerCo has manufacturing, warehousing, sales and distribution facilities in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Mexico, Vietnam and the United Kingdom. WernerCo's international headquarters are located in Schaffhausen, Switzerland and its US headquarters are in Greenville, Pennsylvania. For more information, visit www.wernerworldwide.com.
Angie Maddox, Seed Factory, 404-996-4041; firstname.lastname@example.org