CAPE TOWN, South Africa, Dec. 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Leatt Corporation (OTC: LEAT.PK), a global developer, marketer and distributor of the Leatt-Brace®, a neck brace system designed to help prevent potentially devastating injuries to the cervical spine (neck) for helmeted sports, announced today that the 2011 Annual Meeting (Meeting) of its Stockholders will be held at 9:00 a.m., EST, on Thursday, December 22, 2011. Stockholders of record as of November 1, 2011, have the right to vote at and attend the Meeting. The Meeting will also be Web Cast on a dedicated URL. Access information and directions are in the Notice and Proxy Statement sent to Stockholders.
The matters to be considered at the Meeting are:
1. Election of four (4) directors to the Board of Directors, each for a one-year term to end at the 2012 annual meeting of Stockholders;
2. Ratification of the selection of Fitzgerald & Co., CPAs, PC, as the Company's independent registered public accounting firm for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2011;
3. Ratification of the adoption of the Company's 2011 Equity Incentive Plan ("2011 Plan");
4. Authorization of an amendment of the Company's Amended and Restated Articles of Incorporation to effect a reverse split of the Company's Common Stock at a ratio of between 1-for-5 and 1-for-25, to be determined by the Company's Board of Directors on or before December 22, 2012; and
5. Transaction of such other business as may properly come before the Annual Meeting or any adjournments thereof.
Details on the matters to be considered will be provided in the Company's Notice and Proxy Statement for the Meeting. Stockholders may also obtain a copy of the proxy materials for the Meeting by accessing the proxy website at www.proxyvote.com or the Company's website at www.leatt-corp.com/stat_financial.htm.
About Leatt Corporation:
Leatt Corporation develops, markets and distributes personal protective equipment and ancillary products for all forms of sports, especially extreme motor sports. The Leatt-Brace® is an award-winning neck brace system considered the gold standard for neck protection for anyone wearing a crash helmet as a form of protection. It was designed for participants in extreme sports or riding motorcycles, bicycles, mountain bicycles, all-terrain vehicles, snowmobiles and other vehicles.
Allen & Caron Inc
Rudy Barrio (Investors)
Len Hall (Media)
Proxy Statement Questions
SOURCE Leatt Corporation