ALLENDALE, N.J., Nov. 21, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Leica Camera unveils the latest addition to its APS-C system with the Leica CL, a new camera that offers the best ratio of compact design, ease of use and high image quality to easily make photography a delightful daily practice. With stunning image quality – even in low-light scenarios – new electronic viewfinder technology and superb video capabilities, the Leica CL is the ultimate tool to capture everyday moments, all customizable to the photographer's style. The Leica CL is a highly compact system camera with a classic yet distinctive design that pays homage to Leica's heritage while providing today's photographer the ideal tool to capture their perfect pictures.
The Leica APS-C System offers a state-of-the-art access to the world of Leica, meeting all demands of ambitious photographers and newly passionate.
Alongside the Leica CL, the iconic photography brand is further diversifying the APS-C system's portfolio of lenses by introducing the Elmarit-TL 18 mm f/2.8 ASPH., the smallest-in-class wide-angle lens with supreme imaging performance.
To make it easier than ever to explore Leica's growing APS-C system, two new bundles featuring the Leica CL with zoom lens or exciting new wide-angle prime lens will be offered for a limited time.
Introducing the Leica CL
The Leica CL is rooted in Leica's legacy, calling upon the brand's heritage look with modern technical features.
- The camera's light weight and compact design make the CL an easy pick for the on-the-go photographer seeking maximum mobility while shooting
- With a user-friendly handling concept, the CL is the world's most tactile APS-C system camera providing for an exceptionally intuitive and quick-to-navigate tool
- Featuring a built-in electronic viewfinder, equipped with EyeRes® technology developed by Leica and the ability to preview the brightness and color of the final image before the shutter release is fully depressed, the Leica CL allows photographers to always be in control and craft their images exactly how they'd like
- The Leica CL also offers best-in-class image quality with a high-resolution, 24 MP, APS-C, a Maestro II series processor and fast autofocus system with 49 AF points to guarantee brilliant photographs in all situations, including low-light scenes.
- Thanks to the L-Bayonet mount shared by the Leica TL- and SL-Systems, SL-Lenses can also be used without an adapter on the CL and the TL2, in addition to appropriate adapters to accommodate Leica M- and R-Lenses, offering unparalleled creative flexibility and making the Leica CL one of the most versatile cameras in the Leica portfolio
- Keeping connectivity as a top priority, the Leica CL is equipped with an integrated Wi-Fi module allowing photographers to quickly and easily share their stunning photos and videos by email or on social networks with the Leica CL App for iOS or Android
New Leica Elmarit-TL 18 mm f/2.8 ASPH.
To complement the Leica APS-C system, Leica is expanding the impressive TL lens portfolio with a ground-breaking new lens. Compact and lightweight, the new Elmarit-TL 18 mm f/2.8 ASPH. holds the title as the smallest wide-angle APS-C pancake lens currently available in the market. When mounted to the Leica CL, the camera and prime lens are small enough to fit into a coat pocket or small handbag – providing incredible images everywhere you go. Despite being just 20.5mm (less than one inch) in total length, the lens sacrifices nothing, providing the unrivalled imaging performance all Leica lenses are known for. Travel photography is easy with this light and dynamic lens, especially when paired with the Leica CL.
As a whole, the Leica APS-C System portfolio of lenses offer exceptionally high picture quality and infinite opportunities for creative photography. In addition to the Elmarit-TL 18 mm f/2.8 ASPH., the selection of lenses currently includes three zoom lenses (Super-Vario-Elmar-TL 11-23 mm f/3.5-4.5 ASPH., Vario-Elmar-TL 18-56 mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH. and the APO-Vario-Elmar-TL 55-135 mm f/3.5-4.5 ASPH.) as well as three prime lenses (Summicron-TL 23 mm f/2 ASPH., Summilux-TL 35 mm f/1.4 ASPH. and the APO-Macro-Elmarit-TL 60 mm f/2.8 ASPH.).
All bundled up
To make the stunning new Leica CL more easily accessible to both new and current Leica fans looking to make their first step into the APS-C system, the Leica CL will be offered in two bundle options alongside an accompanying lens. The "Prime Kit" will include the new Elmarit-TL 18 mm f/2.8 ASPH lens, while the "Vario Kit" option includes the Vario-Elmar-TL 18-56 mm f/3.5-5.6 lens, allowing photographers to get into this new camera and growing system with a lens that best suits their photography style in an easy-to-grab kit.
The Leica CL and Leica Elmarit-TL 18 mm f/2.8 ASPH will both be available from Leica stores, boutiques and dealers at the end of November. The Leica CL body, in black anodized finish, will be $2,795.00 while the Prime and Vario Kits will be $3,795.00 and $3,995.00 respectively. The new Leica Elmarit-TL 18 mm f/2.8 ASPH, in black or silver anodized finish, will be $1,295.00.
Learn more about the new additions to Leica's APS-C family at https://www.leicastoredc.com/cl-black-anodized.html.
About Leica Camera
Passion for creating perfect pictures. Leica represents a union of craftsmanship, design and experience. It is a beautiful collision of art and engineering, and the future of form and functionality. Leica Camera is an internationally operating, premium-segment manufacturer of cameras and sport optics products. The legendary status of the Leica brand is founded on a long tradition of excellence in the supreme quality and performance of cameras and lenses, and the iconic images that artists and photojournalists everywhere captured with them. For more information about Leica visit www.leicacamerausa.com, or follow the brand on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/leica-camera-unveils-expansion-of-its-aps-c-system-with-the-new-leica-cl-and-smallest-wide-angle-aps-c-lens-300560321.html
SOURCE Leica Camera