CHICAGO, May 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Leo Burnett Worldwide took home an impressive 13 awards – six Gold, five Silver and two Bronze medals – at the 44th annual Effie Awards, held last night in New York City. Leo Burnett Chicago, Leo Burnett Detroit, Leo Burnett Toronto, Arc Worldwide and Lapiz contributed to overall network wins. The Effie Awards recognize, educate and encourage effectiveness among the marketing communications industry.
Leo Burnett Detroit brought home three Gold Effies for Troy Public Library's "Book Burning Party" campaign in "Government/Institutional/Recruitment," "GoodWorks" and "Small Budgets, Products & Services." Troy Public Library was also named "3rd Most Effective Brand" by the 2012 Effie Effectiveness Index.
"Last night in New York at the Effie Awards, a celebration of the year's most effective advertising, we raked in more Golds than any other agency and had four campaigns in the running for the evening's biggest prize - the Grand Effie," said Rich Stoddart, President of Leo Burnett North America. "We believe creativity has the power to transform human behavior and our Effie wins prove that in spades."
Leo Burnett Worldwide was recognized in 11 categories for its work on the following clients – Allstate, Buick, IKEA, Kellogg's, MillerCoors, P&G, Sealy, Troy Public Library and Walgreens. The agency network received the most Grand Effie nominations for campaigns including, Troy Public Library "Book Burning Party," Allstate "Mayhem," Kellogg's Special K "What Will You Gain When You Lose?" and IKEA "Moving Day."
The North American Effie Awards recognize marketing ideas that work based on an Effective Index rankings. The remaining global and regional Effie Effectiveness Index rankings will be announced on June 18, 2012.
Leo Burnett Worldwide Effie Awards include:
- Allstate "Mayhem" – Insurance (Leo Burnett Chicago)
- IKEA "Moving Day" – Media Idea (Leo Burnett Toronto)
- Kellogg's Special K "What Will You Gain When You Lose?" – Breakfast Foods (Leo Burnett Chicago)
- Troy Public Library "Book Burning Party" – Government/Institutional/Recruitment (Leo Burnett Detroit)
- Troy Public Library "Book Burning Party" – GoodWorks – Non-Profit (Leo Burnett Detroit)
- Troy Public Library "Book Burning Party" – Small Budgets, Products & Services (Leo Burnett Detroit)
- Allstate "Mala Suerte Campaign" – Hispanic (Lápiz)
- Keystone Light "Canhole" – Small Budgets, Products & Services (Leo Burnett Chicago/Arc Worldwide)
- P&G Beauty Scale "The Best in Beauty 2011" – SME-Manufacturer: Multi-Brand Shopper Solution (Leo Burnett Chicago/Arc Worldwide)
- Sealy Posturepedic "Supporting Whatever You Do In Bed" – Household Furnishings & Appliances (Leo Burnett Chicago)
- Walgreens "Walk With Walgreens" – SME-Retailer: Shopper Loyalty Program (Leo Burnett Chicago/Arc Worldwide)
- Buick "Human Highlight Reel" – Single Media Company Activation (Leo Burnett Detroit/Arc Worldwide)
- Walgreens "Walk With Walgreens" – GoodWorks – Brands (Leo Burnett Chicago/Arc Worldwide)
Leo Burnett Worldwide (www.leoburnett.com) is one of the world's largest agency networks and the parent company of Leo Burnett and its marketing services arm, Arc Worldwide. Leo Burnett, a HumanKind communications company, has a simple and singular approach: put a brand's purpose at the center of communications to truly connect with people. Leo Burnett, one of the most awarded creative communications companies in the world, creates "Acts, not just Ads," for some of the world's most valuable brands including The Coca-Cola Company, Kellogg's, McDonald's, Hallmark, P&G, Allstate and Nintendo.
SOURCE Leo Burnett Worldwide