SÃO PAULO, Jan. 23, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Level 3 Communications, Inc.'s (NYSE: LVLT) Brazilian subsidiary, Level 3 Comunicações Do Brasil Ltda., received the ISO 27001 Information Security Management System compliance certificate for the services provided in its data centers in Cotia/São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The certification is an internationally recognized standard to help ensure the practice of adequate and proportionate security controls are in place to safeguard customers' information and intellectual property assets.
Learn more about Level 3's Data Centers. Visit: http://datacenters.level3.com.
Examples of ISO 27001 Requirements Implemented:
- Access control, which ensures all persons accessing Level 3 data centers are previously authorized and registered.
- Risks analysis and treatment and incident management, ensuring information security risks have been identified and addressed in order to eliminate or minimize damages in the event of an incident occurring.
- Business continuity management underscores the critical nature of data center operations to Level 3. There is a plan, developed and tested, to manage crisis situations so customers can count on services even in challenging circumstances.
- Level 3 operates 3 data centers in Brazil, and more than 360 worldwide.
- In 2013, Level 3 received the ISO 27001 certification for its ISMS supporting Advanced Security Testing Services for its data center in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Level 3's data centers host both Level 3's and customers' IT environments.
- Level 3's global data center footprint has direct connectivity to its more than 320,000 km of fiber network and metro market reach in more than 60 countries.
- Level 3 data centers are managed on-site by a team of specialized technicians.
About the Certification:
- Granted for a period of three years, the certification was approved after an extensive audit of data center processes and infrastructure conducted by TÜV Rheinland, a provider of technical, safety and certification services.
- TÜV Rheinland evaluated various security controls applied to the services and infrastructure of those data centers.
Gabriel del Campo, Regional Vice President of Data Centers and Security, Level 3 Latin America
"This certification highlights the extensive measures Level 3 has implemented to protect our customers' confidential data and information systems. We implemented technology improvements including extra controls, new roles, functions, processes and procedures to safeguard our data center services environment for our customers."
About Level 3 Communications
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) is a Fortune 500 company that provides local, national and global communications services to enterprise, government and carrier customers. Level 3's comprehensive portfolio of secure, managed solutions includes fiber and infrastructure solutions; IP-based voice and data communications; wide-area Ethernet services; video and content distribution; data center and cloud-based solutions. Level 3 serves customers in more than 500 markets in over 60 countries across a global services platform anchored by owned fiber networks on three continents and connected by extensive undersea facilities. For more information, please visit www.level3.com or get to know us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
© Level 3 Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Level 3, Vyvx, Level 3 Communications, Level (3) and the Level 3 Logo are either registered service marks or service marks of Level 3 Communications, LLC and/or one of its Affiliates in the United States and elsewhere. Any other service names, product names, company names or logos included herein are the trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Level 3 services are provided by subsidiaries of Level 3 Communications, Inc.
Some statements made in this press release are forward-looking in nature and are based on management's current expectations or beliefs. These forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties and other factors, many of which are outside Level 3's control, which could cause actual events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the statements. Important factors that could prevent Level 3 from achieving its stated goals include, but are not limited to, the company's ability to: increase revenue from its services to realize its targets for financial and operating performance; develop and maintain effective business support systems; manage system and network failures or disruptions; avert the breach of its network and computer system security measures; develop new services that meet customer demands and generate acceptable margins; manage the future expansion or adaptation of its network to remain competitive; defend intellectual property and proprietary rights; manage risks associated with continued uncertainty in the global economy; manage continued or accelerated decreases in market pricing for communications services; obtain capacity for its network from other providers and interconnect its network with other networks on favorable terms; successfully integrate future acquisitions; effectively manage political, legal, regulatory, foreign currency and other risks it is exposed to due to its substantial international operations; mitigate its exposure to contingent liabilities; and meet all of the terms and conditions of its debt obligations. Additional information concerning these and other important factors can be found within Level 3's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Statements in this press release should be evaluated in light of these important factors. Level 3 is under no obligation to, and expressly disclaims any such obligation to, update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/level-3-receives-the-iso-27001-certification-for-its-services-provided-in-cotiasao-paulo-and-rio-de-janeiro-data-centers-300393218.html
SOURCE Level 3 Communications, Inc.