SANTA MONICA, Calif., Dec. 14, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- License Global magazine, the licensing industry's thought leader, has released its inaugural "The Influentials" list, which honors women who have impacted the licensing industry in a significant way. The honorees are established industry leaders from highly-respected companies including BBC Worldwide, CAA-GBG, Meredith Corporation, Nickelodeon, Warner Bros. and IMG, among others. The December 2017 issue also recognizes 58 "Game Changers" who are making a mark on the business of brand licensing as well as 32 leading global licensing agencies that are helmed by women.
Known for its pulse on the industry, License Global magazine also hosts the NYC Summit, which takes place February 20, 2018 at the Convene event venue in New York City's Times Square. For more information about the event and to register, please visit www.nyclicensingsummit.com.
"Licensing is a dynamic and rapidly-evolving business, and the women represented on our first-ever 'The Influentials' list are a testament to the incredible trajectory in store for our industry," said Steven Ekstract, Group Publisher, License Global magazine. "As the voice of the licensing industry, we felt it was critical to shine a light on the incredible wins these leaders and women-led agencies achieve every day. I encourage anyone who interacts with the licensing industry to take a close look at these women and their accomplishments, as I have no doubt we'll continue to see their work at the front and center of our business."
Honorees were nominated by their peers in the licensing industry, followed by strict vetting and evaluation by License Global magazine's editorial team to select the final 19 winners. The "Game Changers" were nominated by License Global's active and engaged readership. Many of the companies on "The Influentials" list are also staples at Licensing Expo, the world's largest tradeshow dedicated to brand licensing, which takes place May 22-24, 2018 in Las Vegas. For more information and to register for Licensing Expo, click here.
This year's honorees on "The Influentials" list include:
- Allison Ames, chief executive officer, Beanstalk
- Adina Avery-Grossman, partner, Brandgenuity
- Leigh Anne Brodsky, executive vice president, Discovery Global Enterprises
- Elise Contarsy, vice president, brand licensing, Meredith Corporation
- Angela Farrugia, executive vice president and group managing director, CAA-GBG
- Nancy Fowler, principal, The Licensing Shop
- Janet Hsu, chief executive officer, Saban Brands
- Kathy Ireland, chief executive officer and chief designer, Kathy Ireland Worldwide
- Debra Joester, president, The Joester Loria Group
- Pam Kaufman, chief marketing officer and president, consumer products, Nickelodeon
- June Lee, head of global business and sales and brand marketing director, ROI Visual
- Pam Lifford, president, Warner Bros. Consumer Products
- Joanne Loria, executive vice president and chief operating officer, The Joester Loria Group
- Marilu Magsaysay Corpus, chairwoman and chief executive officer, Click! Licensing Asia
- Carla Peyton, senior vice president, licensed consumer products, BBC Worldwide Americas
- Kerry Phelan, president global franchise management, Lionsgate
- Maca Rotter, president and chief executive officer, La Panadería Licensing and Marketing
- Miki Yamamoto, senior vice president, Asia, IMG Licensing
- Rosa Zeegers, executive vice president, consumer products and experiences, National Geographic Partners
Apply for a Media Pass to Licensing Expo: Please email [email protected] with your request and credentials.
Future Licensing Dates and Events:
- NYC Licensing Summit: New York City, New York, February 20, 2018
- Licensing Expo: Las Vegas, Nevada, May 22 – 24, 2018
- Licensing Expo Japan: Tokyo, April 25 – 27, 2018
- Licensing Expo China: Shanghai, July 25-27, 2018
About License Global
License Global magazine, published by UBM, is the leading news source for the brand licensing industry, delivering award-winning editorial content covering trends, analysis and special reports about the global brand licensing and retail marketplace. Through its print edition, website and daily e-newsletter and LicenseTV video platform, License Global reaches a total monthly audience of 90,000 global executives. The magazine also serves as the official publication for the sector's two largest trade events, Licensing Expo in May and Brand Licensing Europe in October, and hosts the NYC Brand Licensing Summit every spring in New York City.
About NYC Licensing Summit
The NYC Licensing Summit, which takes place every spring in New York City, is developed by License Global magazine and organized by the Global Licensing Group at UBM. This conference and networking event brings together executives and thought leaders from the brand licensing industry's largest players, including licensees, retailers, agents, service providers and licensors. Presented in partnership with the International Licensing Industry Merchandisers' Association, this intimate gathering is designed to complement the UBM Global Licensing Group's larger events and information products, which include Licensing Expo, Brand Licensing Europe, Licensing Expo Japan, Licensing Expo China and License Global magazine. The NYC Licensing Summit is organized by UBM plc. UBM is the largest pure-play B2B Events organizer in the world. Our 3,750+ people, based in more than 20 countries, serve more than 50 different sectors. Our deep knowledge and passion for these sectors allow us to create valuable experiences which enable our customers to succeed. Please visit www.ubm.com for the latest news and information about UBM.
About Licensing Expo
Launched in 1980, Licensing Expo is the world's largest and most influential annual trade show dedicated to licensing and brand extension. The show floor is merchandised into two zones: Characters and Entertainment and Brands, Agents and Design. More than 16,000 retailers, licensees, manufacturers, distributors and licensing agents attend the Expo from more than 67 countries. The following events and information products are produced for the licensing industry by the Global Licensing Group at UBM: Licensing Expo, Brand Licensing Europe, Licensing Expo Japan, Licensing Expo China, NYC Licensing Summit, License Global magazine, License Global Daily E-news and License TV. Licensing Expo is organized by UBM plc. UBM is the largest pure-play B2B events organizer in the world. Our 3,750+ people, based in more than 20 countries, serve more than 50 different sectors. Our deep knowledge and passion for these sectors allow us to create valuable experiences which enable our customers to succeed. Please visit www.ubm.com for the latest news and information about UBM.
About Global Licensing Group
The Global Licensing Group at UBM is the global licensing industry's leading tradeshow organizer and media partner. Its mission is to provide opportunities around the world to bring brands and products together to explore and cement licensing partnerships. The following events and information products are produced for the licensing industry by the Global Licensing Group at UBM: Licensing Expo, Brand Licensing Europe, Licensing Expo Japan, Licensing Expo China, NYC Licensing Summit, License Global magazine, License Global Daily E-news and License TV.
SOURCE License Global magazine