SAN DIEGO, Aug. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- LifeProof, the award-winning maker of all-protective, everyday cases for smartphones and tablets, today announced the availability of the LifeProof nuud case for iPad. Unleashing new freedom for mobile computing, the LifeProof nuud case for iPad is water, dirt, snow and shock proof, and features a totally naked screen that provides a perfect tactile response and visual clarity. The new LifeProof iPad case protects both iPad 2 and iPad Gen 3 devices.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please visit: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/57464-lifeproof-nuud-case-ipad-new-freedom-mobile-computing
The LifeProof iPad nuud case is currently offered exclusively at all Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile stores nationwide. It is also available online at LifeProof.com as well as BestBuy.com. LifeProof nuud iPad case is available for $149.99 and the Cover + Stand for LifeProof nuud iPad case for $29.99. A case and cover combo is also available for $159.99.
"Our customers can't get enough of the LifeProof iPhone case and we expect the same will be true for the iPad case," said Scott Moore, vice president for Best Buy's Connectivity Business Group. "We have really focused on bringing ground-breaking accessories to our customers to enhance their experiences with phones and tablets. The LifeProof nuud case for iPad is the latest example of that commitment."
The LifeProof nuud case is designed for students, road warriors, outdoor adventurers, parents, children, emergency services, the military and anyone who wants to confidently take their iPad with them everywhere, everyday, and in any kind of weather. Unlike any other case on the market, LifeProof nuud's naked screen technology places absolutely nothing between the user and the iPad, providing uncompromised visual clarity and the ultimate touch experience.
LifeProof nuud case for iPad features and protections:
- Water proof: Submergible to 6.6 feet.
- Dirt proof: Sealed from dirt and minute dust particles to IP-68, the highest international protection rating.
- Snow proof: Enclosed to keep out all melting snow, water and ice.
- Shock proof: Designed to Military Specifications to withstand drops from four feet.
- Convenient and portable: Made of lightweight construction and includes four corner inserts to attach carrying straps and other future accessories.
- Fully functional: Every feature of the iPad is fully accessible and functional, including the volume controls, silent / screen lock, sleep button, home button and access to the charge and sync connector port, as well as unrestricted interaction with the screen.
- Enhanced sound: Large speaker ports get the most out of music and movies using the LifeProof Sound Enhancement System. The nuud is the only case that channels sound through the case cavity, providing a richer, fuller sound.
- Clear photos: CrystalClear double anti-reflective coated real glass lens provides the highest quality images.
Further enhancing the iPad experience, LifeProof accessories let users get the most out of their iPads. The Cover + Stand for LifeProof nuud iPad case protects the iPad when it is not in use or when on the road. It also doubles as a stand for watching movies or angling the iPad for the optimal typing angle. Other accessories soon to be released include a strap pack that contains a hand strap and over-the-shoulder strap.
"The LifeProof nuud case lets you enjoy your iPad as Apple intended it, everywhere. It delivers perfect visual clarity and an uncompromised touch experience, while giving you LifeProof confidence to enjoy your iPad at the beach, use it on construction sites or on rounds in a hospital, at school or simply let the kids be kids," said Gary Rayner, CEO of LifeProof. "LifeProof is deeply committed to the integrity of our vision to create products that excel in every dimension. We are truly excited to partner with Best Buy to launch this highly anticipated product."
The LifeProof company mantra is Freedom; LifeProof designs, manufactures and markets an entirely new category of products designed to give people more freedom from environmental constraints. The San Diego based company offers elegant and protective cases for smartphones and tablets that enable full functionality and interactivity under any condition encountered in daily life. The registered brand name 'LifeProof' is inspired by the protection and fully functional convenient operation of the device in water, mud, dirt, or snow. LifeProof has received numerous awards, including the Parent Tested Parent Approved Award and About.com's Readers' Choice Award 2012. For more information, visit www.lifeproof.com.