ATLANTA and NEW YORK, April 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Light Media (OTC Markets: LGMH), Inspirational Media Specialist, announced today the following strategic corporate update:
1. Digital: Light Media Network Websites, Domains and/or Digital Real Estate Properties now total: 88.
- Apple Developer License. Light Media has been formally approved as an authorized Apple Inc. Developer. This particular update is a follow-up on the October 21, 2011 press release, where Light Media announced its intention to develop its own mobile applications. The first App developed and tested by Light Media's engineering team is: PrayerMail. PrayerMail will be available on the Apple Store worldwide within the next 30-days. On February 17, 2012, Apple announced 24.7 Billion downloads of Apps in its Apple Apps Store; and Apple and Android devices now saturate 80% of the US smartphone market. Forrester Research estimates 1 billion smartphones and an Apps market value of $55 Billion by 2016. Light Media has intensively and strategically acquired and aggregated a strong stable of 'Prayer' assets such as: PrayerMail.com, PrayerSpace.com and PrayerWall.com, over the past 36 months, in order to gain a critical inroad into an important and growing vertical segment of the faith-based space. Prayer is ubiquitous and used by billions of persons 24/7 and PrayerMail and PrayerWall are common term, used by ministries and individuals worldwide, and Light Media's PrayerMail App will be the first of many innovations to come. For more information, please visit: www.PrayerMail.com.
- Power105TheKing.com. Light Media formed a strategic partnership and redesigned its flagship radio station website (Power105TheKing.com), enabling better control of listener database building, as well as digital advertising solutions for partners and sponsors. For more information, please visit: www.Power105TheKing.com.
- HotChristianStocks.com. Light Media formed a strategic alliance with Pyck Global Marketing, whereby HotChristianStocks.com was strategically merged to created StockPycks.com, a marketing platform focused on bringing greater visibility to up and coming micro-cap, publicly-traded stocks. Pyck Global Marketing has assumed all day-to-day operational control of the merged digital media property. For more information, please visit: www.StockPycks.com.
- AmenGospel.com: Light Media successfully launched AmenGospel.com, growing from 17 to 38 inspirational artists within 30-days, adding to the 1700 independent inspirational artists who call www.GospelEngine.com home. For more information, please visit: www.AmenGospel.com.
2. Radio: Light Media Radio Network consists of Power 105.5/The King, plus a content distribution alliance with Superadio (New York) for syndicated programming.
a. Local Marketing Alliance. Light Media's strategic alliance with The Metro Gazette has created substantial momentum within and throughout Metro Albany. Guest speakers ranging from the President of Albany State University to US Congress Representatives and local ministry and community officials have been on the airwaves via the weekly show that the Publisher of The Metro Gazette airs on Power 105.5/The King (Wednesdays @ 3PM). This positioning has increased local community support, as well as provided advertisers with a win-win and highly-compelling, value-added combo print and radio media marketing package.
b. Acquisition Candidates. Light Media has confidentially examined eight FM radio acquisition candidates. This list has been narrowed down to two radio stations that would enhance enterprise value and positioning. Mary Catherine Sneed (former COO, Radio One) (Strategic Advisory Council Member) will be instrumental in assisting in programming one of these two target FM radio stations, should mutually amenable deal terms be struck with the target Seller.
3. Corporate: Light Media continues to build its Strategic Advisory Council, as well as actively negotiate relationships with value-added strategic alliance partners.
"Products-Technology-Distribution strategic focus (Leo Hindery Business Triangle) has served as a powerful guide for Light Media's key initiatives over the past 36-months. Once Light Media perfects PrayerMail App deployment, this learning will be re-applied to new Apps initiatives without delay, as digital devices continue to mass proliferate. Light Media's objective is to provide its 18-44 smartphone-intensive demographic with (1) content, (2) community and (3) commerce (24/7), how they want it, when they want it and where they want it, and Apps will play a critical role in achieving that goal. Simultaneously, Light Media will continue its hunt for additional radio distribution platform in order to further the quest to be the 'Inspirational Disney', with family/community-centric media, technology and distribution all under one unified roof," said Danny Wilson, CEO of Light Media.
About Light Media:
Light Media (OTC Markets: LGMH), Inspirational Media Specialist, markets, produces and distributes inspirational music, video, video games, print media and entertainment in the Urban Media space through its network of radio, Internet, television, print and special events global business platforms and marketing and alliance partners. Light Media is also the 20th publicly-traded radio/media conglomerate (member) of the prestigious RBR-TVBR Stocks Index (see full RBR-TVBR Media Index listing at: www.RBR.com. To listen to Power 105.5/The King, please visit: www.Power105TheKing.com. For more information, please visit: www.LightMediaHoldings.com; www.InvaluableMedia.com or www.HotChristianStocks.com.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements: This press release contains statements, which may constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Those statements include statements regarding the intent, belief or current expectations of Light Media (OTC: "LGMH") and members of its management as well as the assumptions on which such statements are based. Prospective investors are cautioned that any such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve risks and uncertainties, and that actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by such forward-looking statements.
Light Media PR
SOURCE Light Media