NEW YORK, April 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Light Reading (www.lightreading.com), the market-leading online community for the global communications sector, today announced industry thought leaders will come together at the Mobile Network Security Strategies conference (http://mnsslon.lightreading.com/london/?) to share insights on the evolving mobile network security landscape. The conference will be held in London on May 21 at the Thistle Marble Arch Hotel.
Targeted to the mobile security ecosystem, the focus of the one-day event is the key role of the network in safeguarding the mobile carrier's network assets while protecting customers from security attacks. The conference will also consider the case for distributing and coordinating security strategies across the end-user device, the mobile network, and the cloud as carriers try to prevent attackers from triggering outages and degradations or from stealing sensitive customer information.
"Light Reading's Mobile Network Security conference provides a valuable working forum to discuss critical issues. It stands apart from other more sterilized events," said Dr. Ed Amoroso, SVP and Chief Security Officer, AT&T Services Inc.
Patrick Donegan, Heavy Reading Analyst, added, "There are a lot of conferences on mobile security but ours is unique in tackling it from the perspective of the mobile operator and the challenges it faces in prioritizing protection of its own network assets and the experience of its customers in the face of growing security threats."
Industry thought leaders speaking at the conference include:
- Dr. Edward G. Amoroso, Chief Security Officer, AT&T
- Charles Brookson, Director, Azenby
- Nic Burkinshaw, Joint EMEA Product Manager, Symantec Enterprise Mobility Solutions
- Mike Bursell, ETSI NFV Security Group Expert
- Neil Cook, CTO, Cloudmark
- Peter Erceg, Director of Enterprise Architecture, Integration and Security, EE
- Dilip Pillaipakam, Vice President, Product Management and Marketing, Stoke
- Anders Wittfeldt, IoT Cloud Architect, Telenor Connexion
Donegan and Gabriel Brown, Senior Analyst, Heavy Reading, will serve as session moderators.
Conference sponsors include Infoblox, Stoke, and Symantec at the Platinum Level; Cloudmark at the Gold Level; and participating companies AT&T, Azenby, EE, ETS1, and Telenor Connexion.
Upcoming Light Reading events include:
- Light Reading's Big Telecom Event on Tuesday, June 17-18, 2014, Chicago
- Light Reading's Leading Lights Awards 2014 on Tuesday, June 17, 2014, Chicago
- NFV & The Data Center on Tuesday, September 16, 2014, Santa Clara, Calif.
About Light Reading
Light Reading (www.lightreading.com) combines its research-led online communities and targeted events portfolio to help those in the global communications industry make informed decisions. Lightreading.com is the ultimate source for telecom analysis for more than 350,000 subscribers each month, leading the media sector in terms of traffic, content, and reputation. Light Reading produces targeted communications events and focused one-day conferences each year for cable, mobile, and wireline executives across five continents.
Beyond Words Communications Inc.
SOURCE Light Reading