NEW YORK, Jan. 23, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Light Reading (www.lightreading.com), the market-leading online community for the global communications sector, announces "Spectrum2025" (http://spectrum2025.com), the first business and technology conference of 2015 to focus on the business and technology evolution in wireless spectrum utilization and allocation.
Taking place February 5, 2015 in Washington D.C., Spectrum2025 brings together leaders from multiple industry segments, including the broadcasters, government, technology suppliers, investment professionals and communications carriers.
Speakers will cover issues including the Future of TV Broadcast Spectrum, opportunities in spectrum sharing, especially in the 3.5GHz "Innovation Band," LTE and unlicensed spectrum use, and more.
Stuart Timerman, Director, Defense Spectrum Organization, US Department of Defense; Mark Aitken, CTO, Sinclair Broadcast Group; and Dan Hays, Partner, PwC will keynote the conference.
Additional conference speakers include:
- John Dooley, Managing Director, Jarvinian Ventures
- Marci Ryvicker, Managing Director Equity Research: Media and Cable, Wells Fargo Securities
- Eric Wolf, Vice President, Technology Strategy and Management, Public Broadcasting Service
- Alex Phillips, Vice President and FCC Committee Chairman, Wireless ISP Association (WISPA)
- Rob Alderfer, Principal Strategic Analyst, CableLabs
- John M. Lawson, Principal, Convergence Services Inc.
- Milind Buddhikot, Distinguished Member of Technical Staff at Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
- Aparna Sridhar, Regulatory Affairs Chair, Dynamic Spectrum Alliance
- Andrew Clegg Ph.D, Spectrum Engineering Lead, Google
"Spectrum2025 is designed to be the 'first word' in 2015 about the shape of the industry, the implications of the AWS-3 auctions, and how spectrum sharing platforms will change the communications industry," said Timothy Downs, Conference Director, Light Reading.
Spectrum2025 is presented by PwC.
To register to attend Spectrum2025, click here.
About Light Reading
Light Reading (www.lightreading.com) combines its research-led online communities and targeted events portfolio to help those in the global communications industry make informed decisions. Lightreading.com is the ultimate source for telecom analysis for more than 400,000 subscribers each month, leading the media sector in terms of traffic, content, and reputation. Light Reading produces targeted communications events and focused one-day conferences each year for cable, mobile, and wireline executives across five continents.
Beyond Words Communications Inc.
617 739 1769
SOURCE Light Reading