CLEVELAND, April 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- LineStream Technologies, an innovator of software-based motor control solutions, has collaborated with Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) to launch InstaSPIN™-MOTION, the performance pinnacle of TI's InstaSPIN™ family. Powered by LineStream's SpinTAC™ software, InstaSPIN-MOTION streamlines the design process and improves system performance of motor-controlled products ranging from washing machines to medical robots.
"Software is increasingly becoming a differentiator for our products, especially in the vast and growing motor control segment," said Scott Roller, Vice President of Microcontrollers for Texas Instruments. "Partnering with LineStream Technologies has allowed us to remain at the vanguard of this trend and to deliver to the market the industry's most advanced motor control suite."
InstaSPIN-MOTION will help OEMs accelerate time-to-market, cut design costs, and improve the performance of their products. The comprehensive software solution is embedded on TI's 32-bit C2000™ Piccolo™ microcontrollers (MCUs) and features optimized motion profiling, single-parameter tuning, and a disturbance-rejecting controller.
"With InstaSPIN-MOTION, TI is eliminating the time-intensive design processes and performance limitations that have hindered motor system engineers for decades," said David Neundorfer, CEO of LineStream. "Our embedded technology enables step change improvements for the motor control industry."
InstaSPIN-MOTION solves several longstanding inefficiencies in motor control design and implementation. The SpinTAC-powered solution enables engineers to define complex motion sequences in minutes and tune their systems with minimal effort—a process that normally takes 10 to 12 weeks. Built upon a platform of sensorless field oriented control (FOC), InstaSPIN-MOTION reduces system costs and improves operation by eliminating the need for a mechanical motor rotor sensor. Once deployed, InstaSPIN-MOTION delivers and sustains optimal motor performance, regardless of speed fluctuations or disturbances.
InstaSPIN™-MOTION Key Capabilities:
- Easily design and execute complex motion sequences with SpinTAC trajectory planning.
- Smoothly transition between speeds with SpinTAC motion profile generator, which optimizes the profile based on start velocity, desired velocity, and designer-configured system limitations for acceleration and jerk.
- Simplify the design process with SpinTAC single coefficient tuning, which enables developers to quickly and easily optimize system performance.
- Gain insight into system dynamics with SpinTAC inertia identification, which tracks physical parameters that other controllers ignore.
- Improve accuracy and minimize mechanical system duress with SpinTAC controller, which actively estimates and cancels system disturbances in real time.
- Reduce overall system cost by eliminating the need for a mechanical sensor and associated wiring.
About LineStream Technologies:
LineStream Technologies Inc. is a global leader in motor and motion control technology, pioneering software-based solutions that simplify development and improve performance of automated products. For more information visit us at www.linestream.com.
SOURCE LineStream Technologies