BROOKVILLE, N.Y., Jan. 12, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- LIU Post is capping a transformational 2014 by building upon its history of honors curriculum expertise to establish a comprehensive LIU Post Honors College. Applications are being accepted for Fall 2015. The evolution reflects a year of recognition and drive, reinforcing LIU Post's emergence as a destination of choice for students from around the country seeking top-tier experiential education programs in a vibrant campus environment.
"LIU Post Honors College represents LIU Post's larger driving spirit of excellence," said Dr. Kimberly R. Cline, president of LIU. "Challenging academic programs led by world-class faculty prepare LIU Post Honors College students to become the next generation of scholars, entrepreneurs, artists and professional leaders."
"LIU Post Honors College attracts accomplished students who challenge the status quo, seek deeper knowledge, and travel the world," said Dr. Jeffrey Kane, vice president for Academic Affairs. "They come to learn from LIU Post's most distinguished professors in a community of extraordinary undergraduates minutes from New York City."
A Transformative Honors College Experience
LIU Post Honors College is distinguished by its elite leadership. Dr. Joan Digby, the College's director, is the author of Peterson's Honors Programs and Colleges, and a renowned scholar and international expert on honors curriculum development.
LIU Post Honors College Differentiators --
- Four LIU Post professors received J. William Fulbright scholarships to teach and conduct research abroad in 2014. LIU Post is the only master's institution on Long Island—and one of only nine in the nation—to have four professors in the elite program.
- Small, seminar-style classes and mentorships with LIU Post's most distinguished faculty give LIU Post Honors College students opportunities to co-author published papers or present original research at national academic conferences.
- LIU Post's proximity to New York City provides students access to global business leaders and top internship prospects, distinguishing them as exceptional graduate program and career candidates.
- The LIU Post Honors College Merit Fellowship Program supplements in-class studies with off-campus enrichment experiences at cultural institutions such as the Museum of Natural History, Manhattan's fashion-forward 5th Avenue, concerts, and more.
- More than $100 million in scholarships and grants is awarded annually to highly motivated LIU Post students.
For more information about LIU Post Honors College, or to apply, visit www.liu.edu/post/honors
LIU, founded in 1926, continues to redefine higher education, empowering its students with skills they need to excel in the classroom and throughout their professional careers, providing high quality academic instruction taught by world-class faculty. One of the nation's largest private universities, LIU offers 500 accredited programs to more than 20,000 students and has an active network of 200,000 alumni that includes leaders in industries across the globe. LIU's renowned faculty, the LIU Promise student mentoring program, innovation in experiential learning, its high-tech startup incubator, and on-the-ground training further distinguish LIU as a leader among the nation's most respected universities. Visit liu.edu for more information.
SOURCE Long Island University