LAS VEGAS, Jan. 4, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Parents are among the most technically engaged demographic, whether it's keeping up with their connected kids or finding products to lessen the stress of their hectic lives. Living in Digital Times is proud to announce that FamilyTech TV (formerly MommyTech TV) will return to CES® 2017 for its fourth year to engage parents both at CES and at home with a look at the products and technologies that are positively impacting family life. Produced by former ABC journalist and tech expert Andrea Smith, FamilyTech TV will broadcast throughout the day on January 5 from the Family & Technology Marketplace, Booth #44772, in the Sands Expo. FamilyTech TV will feature industry leaders, product developers, mom bloggers and journalists who will share their how-to's, tech tips, and have demo sessions featuring some of CES's most exciting new products.
"Robots, smart Internet of Things appliances, and mobile devices are among the tech products changing the family dynamic. Used well, we hope they'll keep families closer together, safer, and able to spend more quality family time," said Robin Raskin, founder and president, Living in Digital Times.
"It's impossible to see everything at CES and of course, not everyone can be there. I love producing FamilyTech TV because it opens CES content to a wider audience, one that really needs it," said Andrea Smith. "Throughout the day, we'll be talking to tech innovators and parenting experts, offering viewers a close up look at products they should care about."
Some of the participating companies include:
- Philips: uGrow, the world's first medical baby app and connected platform.
- Wonder Workshop: Dash and Dot robots used in more than 8,500 elementary school classrooms around the world to teach coding skills in a fun way.
- The Bump: Julia Wang, Head of Digital Content, will look at the winners of the Bump Best of BabyTech Awards.
- WowWee: ELMOJI, Coding with Elmo the robot and his Emoji teaches children basic programming skills using the fun Emoji language.
- Comcast Xfinity Home: Dan Herscovici, General Manager and Senior Vice President shows how Comcast can install your Internet of Things products.
- Perfect Corp: YouCam, an app that uses augmented reality lets you try on make-up. The app has over 350 million global downloads to-date.
- NEOBear-Youngzone Culture: MAGNEO is an augmented reality device to broaden children's imagination. Using a built-in high-definition camera, it captures images and shows them in a stereoscopic 3D picture.
- LEGO: Announcing a never been seen before product to help kids learn to code.
- PiLab: Edwin the Duck, the world's first Smart Duck. This app-connected learning toy has personality and is designed to be a helpful companion to both children and parents.
- AvatarMind: iPal™ a fully functional 3.5 feet tall robot that can be a constant companion for children and/or older adults. Its motors, microphones, cameras, sensors (infrared, ultrasound and touch) enable iPal™ to talk, change facial expressions, move its arms and even sense people's moods.
- Jyro: The Roll is the latest introduction in adult electric ride-ons. This single wheel transport allows riders to feel like they're snowboarding and surfing with a user controlled lean to go action, where riders can carve smooth heel and toe turns, for the millennial commuter.
- MOTA Group: JETJAT ULTRA, the world's smallest live streaming drone, (the size of a paperclip) makes drone flying easy for anyone.
- Square Panda: Phonics Playset offers innovative interactive games that keep kids engaged while they learn deeper literacy skills.
- Tilt: SpinTales augmented reality app combined with children's textiles create multidimensional storytelling experiences that come to life in 3D.
- AARP: Anne Marie Kilgallon, VP of Innovation, will discuss the intergenerational bonds created through technology and the technology products/services used to communicate, interact and play.
FamilyTech TV's studio is part of the Family & Technology Marketplace and is located at Booth #44772. It will film live on January 5 from 11 AM to 4 PM. You can find FamilyTech TV here.
Tweet this: FamilyTechTV explores the latest for kids and families who might not make it to CES. #CES2017 http://bit.ly/1QEACeU
About Living in Digital Times
Founded by veteran technology journalist Robin Raskin, Living in Digital Times brings together the most knowledgeable leaders and the latest innovations impacting both technology and lifestyle. It helps companies identify and act on emerging trends, create compelling company narratives, and do better business through strong network connections. Living in Digital Times produces technology conferences, exhibits and events at CES and other locations throughout the year by lifestyle verticals. Core brands include Digital Health Summit, Digital Money Forum, FitnessTech, Baby Tech, Kids@Play, FamilyTech Summit, TransformingEDU, FamilyTech TV, Beauty Tech, Wearables and FashionWare runway show, Mobile Apps Showdown, Last Gadget Standing, Robots on the Runway and the KAPi Awards. The company also works with various foundations and manages the Appreneur Scholar awards program for budding mobile entrepreneurs, as well as the 10 Under 20: Young Innovators to Watch awards recognizing student STEAM innovations in Las Vegas and New York City. For more information, visit LivinginDigitalTimes.com and keep up with our latest news on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
CES is the world's gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. It has served as the proving ground for innovators and breakthrough technologies for 50 years—the global stage where next-generation innovations are introduced to the marketplace. As the largest hands-on event of its kind, CES features all aspects of the industry. Owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)™, the technology trade association representing the $287 billion U.S. consumer technology industry, it attracts the world's business leaders and pioneering thinkers. Check out CES video highlights. Follow CES online at CES.tech and on social.
LKPR, Inc. for Living in Digital Times
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/living-in-digital-times-familytech-tv-looks-at-products-and-technology-positively-impacting-family-life-at-ces-2017-300385215.html
SOURCE Living in Digital Times