NEW YORK, Jan. 20, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Logicalis US, an international IT solutions and managed services provider (www.us.logicalis.com), today announced the addition of high-speed, encrypted storage as an optional upgrade throughout its entire suite of cloud offerings. The addition of solid state disk (SSD) to Logicalis' enterprise cloud, dedicated cloud and on-demand public cloud solutions gives Logicalis' cloud customers the ability to move, store and analyze data faster in a secure format, providing significant performance benefits for busy database servers as well as other applications where accelerating time to information is a critical success factor.
"Flash storage is one way to significantly increase the speed with which data can be accessed while decreasing the footprint in which massive amounts of data can be stored," says Brian Day, Logicalis' Senior Director of Cloud Services. "Logicalis' cloud customers with I/O-sensitive applications will gain a significant performance boost by switching to SSD. Additionally, they will appreciate the option to store, transfer and replicate data in an encrypted format. These changes assert that Logicalis' cloud solutions are built for the enterprise and constructed with a range of business-critical services in mind."
Four Reasons to Consider SSD in the Cloud
There are four key reasons for companies interested in eliminating I/O bottlenecks to consider flash storage:
- Performance: High speed, low latency SSD can greatly increase the performance of applications limited by disk I/O, such as high-volume databases.
- Random I/O: SSD provides exceptional benefits to applications with high levels of random read and write operations.
- Encryption: Data stored on the SSD solution implemented by Logicalis is automatically encrypted, a tremendous benefit to customers who are concerned with storing sensitive information – i.e., healthcare data or retail credit card info.
- Replication: With multiple SSD arrays serving the Logicalis cloud, clients have the option to have their data replicated in an encrypted format providing redundancy and peace of mind.
Want to Learn More?
- To find out where you are along the journey to the cloud, visit Logicalis' IT Transformation Journey microsite: http://ow.ly/HcvOj.
- Read about five cloud options, then learn more about Logicalis' enterprise cloud, dedicated cloud, and on-demand cloud offerings.
- To learn more about flash storage, examine six ways flash is changing the storage landscape, then download a Logicalis white paper, "Changing the Speed of Business."
Logicalis is an international IT solutions and managed services provider with a breadth of knowledge and expertise in communications and collaboration, data center and cloud services, and managed services.
Logicalis employs over 3,800 people worldwide, including highly trained service specialists who design, specify, deploy and manage complex IT infrastructures to meet the needs of almost 6,000 corporate and public sector customers. To achieve this, Logicalis maintains strong partnerships with technology leaders such as Cisco, HP, IBM, CA Technologies, EMC, NetApp, Microsoft, VMware and ServiceNow.
The Logicalis Group has annualized revenues of $1.6 billion from operations in Europe, North America, Latin America and Asia Pacific and is one of the leading IT and communications solution integrators specializing in the areas of advanced technologies and services.
The Logicalis Group is a division of Datatec Limited, listed on the Johannesburg and London AIM Stock Exchanges, with revenues of approximately $6 billion.
For more information, visit www.us.logicalis.com.
Business and technology working as one
To learn more about Logicalis activities through a variety of social media outlets, click here.
SOURCE Logicalis US