NEW YORK, June 23, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- For a long time, IT was often separated from the rest of the business by technical jargon, big equipment on raised floors and blinking lights in a back room. Today, however, IT pros are struggling with a new reality – the need to align IT initiatives with business priorities. Fortunately, says Logicalis US, an international IT solutions and managed services provider (www.us.logicalis.com), IT service management (ITSM) provides the tools they need to do just that in new and inventive ways many IT pros haven't thought of before.
"Today's CIOs need to see themselves as business enablers," says Chris Gordon, ITSM Managing Consultant, Logicalis US. "They need the intelligence and information to create a catalog of services and map the relationships and dependencies between business-critical applications and IT infrastructure that will allow them to quickly examine and respond to line-of-business service requests. ITSM tools provide the answer. ITSM isn't just for managing IT anymore; these tools now go far beyond that. They're designed to manage enterprise services across a portfolio of organizational needs and, with some basic customization, can be used in new and innovative ways that even the most creative IT pros might never have considered."
Five Innovative Ways to Use ITSM
- Creating a map: ITSM can create a map of critical services that the business relies on, the infrastructure and support IT provides, and what else IT could offer to enhance those services. So, rather than being focused solely on the technology, IT pros can become more of a broker of services by defining, mapping, and ultimately providing all the services the organization needs.
- Automating request fulfillments or restoration of services: Through the use of orchestration and automation, ITSM can be used to streamline the monitoring and fulfillment of requests and to deliver services or recover from outages faster. Imagine you have a monitoring tool watching a server. The server goes down, triggering an error code; a predesigned workflow identified with that code implements a script to remediate the issue – a completely automated process created through the use of ITSM toolsets.
- Accommodating both traditional and Agile projects: Whether a project manager is employing waterfall or Agile methodologies, IT can use ITSM tools to support the management of either process.
- Providing a service catalog: Business users want a consumer-like experience with IT. Using ITSM, the technology department can provide a self-service IT portal or a catalog of services from which business users can choose the IT services and solutions they need.
- Meeting compliance requirements: ITSM can help technology pros centralize compliance and audit requirements into a governance risk and compliance (GRC) solution to make audits go faster and stay current with the growing numbers of compliance requirements.
Want to Learn More?
- See how a well-known bottling company uses ITSM to identify trends indicating needed changes in the way IT communicates with business users or the way it provisions IT services: http://ow.ly/Omp3K.
- See how Logicalis helped a large hospital enhance its IT processes, standardization and measurement with ITIL best practices through a ServiceNow ITSM implementation: http://ow.ly/OmqbP.
- Explore seven steps to an effective ITSM strategy here: http://ow.ly/OsoeH.
Logicalis is an international IT solutions and managed services provider with a breadth of knowledge and expertise in communications and collaboration, data center and cloud services, and managed services.
Logicalis employs over 4,000 people worldwide, including highly trained service specialists who design, specify, deploy and manage complex IT infrastructures to meet the needs of almost 6,000 corporate and public sector customers. To achieve this, Logicalis maintains strong partnerships with technology leaders such as Cisco, HP, IBM, EMC, NetApp, Microsoft, VMware and ServiceNow on an international basis and has specialized solutions for enterprise and medium-sized companies in vertical markets covering financial services, telecommunications, media and technology, education, healthcare, retail, government, manufacturing and professional services helping customers benefit from cutting-edge technologies in a cost-effective way.
The Logicalis Group has annualized revenues of over $1.5 billion from operations in Europe, North America, Latin America and Asia Pacific and is one of the leading IT and communications solution integrators specializing in the areas of advanced technologies and services.
The Logicalis Group is a division of Datatec Limited, listed on the Johannesburg and London AIM Stock Exchanges, with revenues of approximately $6 billion.
For more information, visit www.us.logicalis.com.
Business and technology working as one
To learn more about Logicalis activities through a variety of social media outlets, click here.
SOURCE Logicalis US