NEW YORK, April 21, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Experts predict 83 percent of enterprise organizations will expand or implement a converged infrastructure (CI) in the next 12 months.1 According to Logicalis US, an international IT solutions and managed services provider (www.us.logicalis.com), tech-savvy CIOs have always known CI offers a myriad of technical and business advantages; what's changing is how CI is being used – and these new implementations can quite literally spell relief for CIOs' shadow IT woes. Targeting converged infrastructures to run mission-critical applications and workloads like VDI or mobility is a perfect example: The organization gets the benefits of a converged infrastructure where they're needed most, and the CIO establishes a high-performing working model that can be extended incrementally throughout the organization as time and resources allow. To help IT pros explore this option, Logicalis is offering a downloadable white paper, "Converged Infrastructure for Targeted Workloads: Using Converged Infrastructures to Catapult Your IT Environment into the Future of Computing."
"CIOs are feeling the pressure from line-of-business managers who need new applications and computing resources to do their jobs and expect the IT staff to deliver these things on demand," says Brett Anderson, Director of Cloud and Data Center Solutions, Logicalis US. "Instead of having the IT staff build out these systems in house, many savvy IT leaders have discovered that a converged infrastructure offers them a pre-built, highly reliable infrastructure that speeds the deployment of these applications and IT services, freeing their department to concentrate on ways to better support the business as a whole. Using CI as a foundational platform to deliver targeted, high-profile, business-critical solutions like VDI or mobility allows CIOs to deliver the business-productivity tools their users need in a much more timely manner than they've been able to do before. And when combined with the right IT service management tools – including automation and orchestration capabilities – targeted CI solutions like HP ConvergedSystem for Virtualization, for example, deliver the kind of measurable, reportable business benefits that make IT an even more valued partner within the organization and shadow IT a thing of the past."
Additionally, the basic principles of a converged infrastructure – simplicity, standardization, flexibility, performance and quality control – also resonate with the basic principles of Six Sigma and other management approaches that CEOs and CFOs are adopting to accomplish business agility. In many ways, a converged infrastructure could be described as the IT counterpart to business agility.
12 Reasons to Use CI for Targeted Workloads
- Accelerates speed to deploy new applications which means faster time to revenue
- Increases responsiveness to business changes, aligning IT with business needs
- Enables applications to be updated without disrupting service level agreements
- Simplifies and standardizes an organization's IT infrastructure
- Reduces internal operating expenses and simplifies IT spends
- Reduces risk by providing an IT platform that is fully supported by a single provider
- Provides a platform that supports consistent scalability to meet business growth
- Pre-built systems can be bolted on as needed
- Upgrades are predictable and non-disruptive
- Provides flexibility to meet constantly changing requirements
- Offers a consistent foundation for IT governance, risk mitigation and compliance
- Enables internal IT departments to deliver services that business users want and have been increasingly turning to external cloud services providers to get, effectively ending "shadow IT"
Want to Learn More?
- Hear Logicalis converged infrastructure expert Samad Ali, Vice President, HP Solutions, discuss the benefits and challenges of CI in this WatchIT video, then download a white paper, "Converged Infrastructure for Targeted Workloads": http://ow.ly/LCj04.
- Examine a Logicalis infographic, "The Harmony of Converged Infrastructure": http://ow.ly/KL4Oq.
- Explore five ways CI can become a catalyst for change in the data center: http://ow.ly/KL4Rl.
1 Forrester Research
Logicalis is an international IT solutions and managed services provider with a breadth of knowledge and expertise in communications and collaboration, data center and cloud services, and managed services.
Logicalis employs over 3,800 people worldwide, including highly trained service specialists who design, specify, deploy and manage complex IT infrastructures to meet the needs of almost 6,000 corporate and public sector customers. To achieve this, Logicalis maintains strong partnerships with technology leaders such as Cisco, HP, IBM, CA Technologies, EMC, NetApp, Microsoft, VMware and ServiceNow.
The Logicalis Group has annualized revenues of $1.6 billion from operations in Europe, North America, Latin America and Asia Pacific and is one of the leading IT and communications solution integrators specializing in the areas of advanced technologies and services.
The Logicalis Group is a division of Datatec Limited, listed on the Johannesburg and London AIM Stock Exchanges, with revenues of approximately $6 billion.
For more information, visit www.us.logicalis.com.
Business and technology working as one
To learn more about Logicalis activities through a variety of social media outlets, click here.
SOURCE Logicalis US