NEW YORK, April 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- In a world where as-a-service technology is making on-demand experiences the norm among internal corporate users, many CIOs find themselves struggling to remain relevant. According to Logicalis US, an international IT solutions and managed services provider (www.us.logicalis.com), the solution lies in the service defined enterprise (SDE). In this new paradigm, the CIO must become both a business partner to the organization and a service provider to its internal users, creating a portfolio of user services and experiences, an agile and responsive IT operation, and a more affordable and sustainable technology consumption model than what formerly existed. It's a transformation journey that, if done correctly, will result in a service defined enterprise enabled by a service management strategy that defines value based on the business outcomes driven by IT rather than the technology itself.
"As internal IT organizations strive to become a value-added partner to the business, many are falling short because they are doing it outside the context of a service management strategy, making technology decisions that may or may not tie into the business' overall strategies and outcomes," says Mike Alley, Director, IT Service Management, Logicalis US. "To become that value-added partner, IT organizations need to develop their transformation roadmap within a service management strategy that goes beyond IT. They also have to find that service management platform that will allow them to most effectively and efficiently implement this transformation and strategy. The key to success is the rapid adoption of a platform like ServiceNow that allows companies to focus on the functionality of their strategy rather than making the technology itself work; it's the rapid improvements that they can institute once they have that framework in place; and it's the rapid value they can show that's linked to measurable business outcomes that will help today's CIOs become the business partners they want to be tomorrow. That's the three-step message Logicalis will share this month at Knowledge15."
Three Ways Service Management Enables the Services Defined Enterprise
- Rapid Adoption: The first step is to establish a baseline for the process that will transform the IT department to become the internal service provider in an SDE organization. Enabling the organization to support the service provider model is the key to success. In addition to organizational transformation services, at Knowledge15, Logicalis will unveil JumpStart, a service which will rapidly deploy key ServiceNow modules to set a baseline for the organization's IT transformation journey all within the context of a service management strategy in order to drive measurable, reportable business outcomes.
- Rapid Improvement: With the baseline and organization set, the next step is to build a continual improvement process that will help the IT department mature as an internal service provider. It's critical to recognize that a good service management strategy is a fluid strategy; key performance indicators must be continually measured, and the CIO and IT team must look for new ways to grow and improve the services they offer their internal customers on an ongoing basis.
- Rapid Value: The third step is when the CIO and the IT team become true value-added partners to the business. An IT department that still defines itself as a cost center may be taking viable steps in its IT transformation journey, but doing so outside the context of a service management strategy. Many times this leads to successfully implemented IT projects that do not drive the required business outcomes. Through the rapid adoption of a service management strategy and the rapid improvements continually being put into place, the IT team can add real, measurable business value focused on business outcomes that demonstrates the IT department's value to the organization as a whole.
Want to Learn More?
- Drop by booth #745 at Knowledge15 to learn more about Logicalis' new ITSM JumpStart service, or schedule a meeting with a Logicalis ITSM expert before or after the show: http://ow.ly/LboSH.
- Explore Logicalis' IT service management web site (www.ITSManswers.com), then find out how Logicalis uses ServiceNow solutions to help manage an expanding international services clientele and managed and cloud service portfolio.
- Download a Logicalis white paper, "Why Every CEO Wants to Lead a Service Defined Enterprise and Why the CIO Needs to Make it Happen": http://ow.ly/Lbp0g.
Logicalis is an international IT solutions and managed services provider with a breadth of knowledge and expertise in communications and collaboration, data center and cloud services, and managed services.
Logicalis employs over 3,800 people worldwide, including highly trained service specialists who design, specify, deploy and manage complex IT infrastructures to meet the needs of almost 6,000 corporate and public sector customers. To achieve this, Logicalis maintains strong partnerships with technology leaders such as Cisco, HP, IBM, CA Technologies, EMC, NetApp, Microsoft, VMware and ServiceNow.
The Logicalis Group has annualized revenues of $1.6 billion from operations in Europe, North America, Latin America and Asia Pacific and is one of the leading IT and communications solution integrators specializing in the areas of advanced technologies and services.
The Logicalis Group is a division of Datatec Limited, listed on the Johannesburg and London AIM Stock Exchanges, with revenues of approximately $6 billion.
For more information, visit www.us.logicalis.com.
Business and technology working as one
To learn more about Logicalis activities through a variety of social media outlets, click here.
SOURCE Logicalis US