NEW YORK, Oct. 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- All businesses have IT requirements, but manufacturers have their own unique challenges. In addition to the traditional technology concerns facing other organizations, manufacturing CIOs are also often struggling to support a global organization from a single location with a finite staff and budget. Simultaneously, they're expected to build competitive advantage and profitability for the business through the creative use of both IT tools and technical prowess. Adding infrastructure and personnel to keep things running smoothly while they concentrate on new business-boosting goals may be too costly. But outsourcing core IT management functions to an experienced managed services provider may offer a solution. Logicalis US, an international IT solutions and managed services provider (www.us.logicalis.com), says managed services can take the burden of day-to-day monitoring and incident remediation off the IT team's shoulders, freeing them to focus on more strategic tasks.
"CIOs in manufacturing environments are expected to not only keep the compute environment functioning properly 24x7 as other CIOs do, but they are also expected to contribute to the manufacturer's productivity and competitive advantage through the creative use of their team's technical skills," says Ed Konopasek, Vice President, Cloud and Managed Solutions, Logicalis US. "Internal IT resources, however, are often so preoccupied with just keeping the proverbial lights on that they have no time for the kinds of strategic IT initiatives the company envisioned when they were originally hired. To mature their internal IT operations, manufacturing CIOs must realize that being responsible for IT doesn't mean they have to do everything in house. Managed services providers like Logicalis have grown into specialized teams of highly trained service professionals who can provide reliable, ITIL-based, SLA-backed remote monitoring and management of a manufacturer's entire IT infrastructure, regardless of where in the world that infrastructure resides, and deliver time savings, predictable costs and guaranteed uptime among other advantages that free the manufacturer's internal IT team for more creative, business-building tasks."
Seven Reasons Manufacturers Need Managed Services
- Skilled Resources: With an experienced managed services partner, manufacturers gain access to technologists with high-level certifications and diverse experiences that can help them balance their IT needs with productively running a manufacturing business.
- Lower Costs: These experienced, efficient technology experts are likely a fraction of the cost of full-time employees staffed round the clock thanks to managed services' shared resource model.
- Best Practices: No more cutting corners; professional managed services providers (MSPs) adhere to proven industry standards like the Information Technology Infrastructure Library's (ITIL v3) best practices; those that operate on a global basis should also be able to deliver a common services platform that is consistent across all geographies, yet is flexible enough to meet unique regional needs.
- Proactive vs. Reactive Management: MSPs can offer detailed performance reviews that allow manufacturers to examine operational analytics and address issues proactively before a major service outage is experienced.
- Guaranteed Uptime: Using a managed services provider reduces the risk of downtime by properly managing compute, storage, and fixed network assets. All changes are captured in an auditable configuration management database (CMDB) for compliance purposes, and stringent SLAs can be custom tailored to the organization's resiliency needs.
- Predictable Costs: By embracing an outsourced service model, manufacturers can simplify budgeting with more predictable monthly costs for technology management.
- Time Savings: Knowing that they have a robust, reliable infrastructure in place puts the manufacturer's struggle of prioritizing IT needs in the past; previously overworked IT employees can now redirect their efforts to more value-added services, focusing their time and attention on supporting business initiatives and building competitive advantage.
Want to Learn More?
- What is managed services all about and how does it work? Watch a brief video to learn more: http://ow.ly/TDgq6.
- Manufacturers have unique needs when it comes to monitoring and managing their IT infrastructure; to learn how managed services can help, visit Logicalis' manufacturing microsite, then download a "managed services for manufacturers" data sheet here: http://ow.ly/TRb1i.
- Need help comparing managed services providers? Use our checklist: http://ow.ly/TDgi3.
Logicalis is an international IT solutions and managed services provider with a breadth of knowledge and expertise in communications and collaboration; data center and cloud services; and managed services.
Logicalis employs over 4,000 people worldwide, including highly trained service specialists who design, deploy and manage complex IT infrastructures to meet the needs of over 6,500 corporate and public sector customers. To achieve this, Logicalis maintains strong partnerships with technology leaders such as Cisco, HP, IBM, EMC, NetApp, Microsoft, VMware and ServiceNow on an international basis. It has specialized solutions for enterprise and medium-sized companies in vertical markets covering financial services, TMT (telecommunications, media and technology), education, healthcare, retail, government, manufacturing and professional services, helping customers benefit from cutting-edge technologies in a cost-effective way.
The Logicalis Group has annualized revenues of over $1.5 billion from operations in Europe, North America, Latin America and Asia Pacific and is one of the leading IT and communications solution integrators specializing in the areas of advanced technologies and services.
The Logicalis Group is a division of Datatec Limited, listed on the Johannesburg and London AIM Stock Exchanges, with revenues of over $6 billion.
For more information, visit www.us.logicalis.com.
Business and technology working as one
To learn more about Logicalis activities through a variety of social media outlets, click here.
SOURCE Logicalis US