CANTON, Mass., Sept. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- LoJack Corporation (NASDAQ: LOJN), a provider of vehicle theft recovery and advanced fleet management solutions, encourages customers to participate in "Drive 4 Pledges Day" on Thursday, September 19, 2013 as part of its global safe driving campaign.
LoJack is a proud champion of the It Can Wait campaign and strives to inspire customers to not only pledge to never text and drive, but to also become a safe driving advocate. Supporters of the campaign are encouraged to help spread the word among their friends, family and community. Additionally, participants can engage in the online conversation surrounding the campaign by using the hashtag #ItCanWait to share their pledge stories.
"LoJack's foundation of partnering with local law enforcement agencies to improve the safety of our communities includes the important task of safeguarding against the growing epidemic of distracted driving," said Randy L. Ortiz, CEO and President of LoJack. "We recognize the importance of working with law enforcement, community partners and customers to address this challenge and urge you to take the pledge to never text and drive."
To further raise awareness of this initiative, LoJack has created a range of interactive educational tools and creative content, including:
- Infographic: "Eyes on the Road: The Challenges of Safe Driving" highlights more than 25 real and tangible distractions that a driver might encounter on any given day – from cell phone use and pets in the front seat to erratic pedestrian behavior and children demanding a driver's attention.
- e-booklet: "Teen Smarts" provides drivers with an abundance of information on the safe driving topic, including an overview of the problem, statistics around fatalities and types of distractions, and overall tips for driving more safely on the roads and highways today.
- Survey Results: More than 150 students were surveyed at the 2013 Massachusetts Teen Distracted Driving Leadership Summit in Boston and results revealed:
- Approximately 50 percent of teens use their cell phone while driving, both to talk and text.
- 46 percent of teenagers surveyed believe that distracted driving is a serious issue that needs to be addressed immediately
- 91 percent of students surveyed support initiatives to ban cell phone use during driving
- 89 percent support the development and use of technology to help curb distracted driving
To take part in this important initiative, visit www.lojack.com/safedriving and download the Personal Pledge along with a variety of safe driving resources.
About LoJack Corporation
LoJack Corporation, the company that has helped more than nine million people protect their vehicles in the event of theft over the past 25+ years, today provides safety, security and protection for an ever-growing range of valuable assets and people. Leveraging its core strengths, including its well-known brand, direct integration with law enforcement and dealer distribution network, LoJack Corporation is expanding into new areas across the continuum from theft deterrence to recovery. The Company is focusing on creating a new level of value for its dealer, customer and investor communities by delivering innovative offerings, multiple technologies in expanding geographies. For more information, visit www.lojack.com, www.autotheftblog.com, www.youtube.com/lojack, www.twitter.com/LoJackCorp or www.Facebook.com/LoJackCorp.
© 2013 LoJack Corporation. All rights reserved. LoJack and the LoJack logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of LoJack Corporation in the United States and other countries.
SOURCE LoJack Corporation